Pets are false gods

by Rattigan350 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Translation: Do not leave money to to your pets in the will, give it all to the WTBTS.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Dogs are my daughter's passion. This is what consumed her last weekend:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=47cbfe74487d01f6&id=47CBFE74487D01F6!1278&authkey=!ALZrv7K5TAP_-4A

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

My comment on Blondie's WT pet quote: 1, if we let our pets eat at the table that's our business; and 2, what's wrong with treating your pet well when she's sick? I don't agree with treating pets like humans because I believe it takes away from the animal's feline or canine dignity, for example, I don't dress my pets up or have them eat off the table with me, but if people want to spoil their pets, it's none of anyone else's business! I hate seeing little dogs dressed in human clothes because a dog is a dog (in a good way- I think humanising the dog is an insult to it) but hey, if that's what floats your boat, so be it. I can't see how letting your dog eat at your table is the same as putting it in Jehovah's place. Far out, I never could have imagined they'd counsel you on treating your pet too well.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

You people need to listen to the faithful and discreet slave! They're not saying you can't have a pet. You just shouldn't baby talk them or get all soupy when they die. In fact, it would be an excellent object lesson for you to buy your six-year old daughter a puppy, then, after a week or two, kill it in front of her to show how dedication to Jehovah can make her little life happier. Better yet, have her dispatch the puppy herself and tell her it's for Jehovah!

Pretty soon you can have her killing kittens, rabbits, squirrels and other small furry animals. Birds, too. If you can't eat a bird, kill it, because it will eat things that suffering humans could eat.

Anything that competes with Jehovah should be systematically dealt with, family members included. Why let a baby brother distract children from service to Jehovah? Just instruct them to ignore the crying and food preparation so you can map out your door to door routes. Your elders will appreciate the extra work.

And remember, when the elders are happy, Jehovah is happy!

When in doubt, snuff 'em out!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

From Blondie's post:

"While perhaps rare, cases are reported of persons who let their pet animal sit at the meal table with them and eat from a plate with the human members of the household."

My parrots and parakeets didn't just eat from a plate at the dinner table; they ate from MY plate. Birds love nothing better than stealing a snack from someone else. I deliberately placed diced healthy (for birds) food on the edge of my plate for them to nibble on. Sometimes it was the only way to get healthy food into them.

My birds, past and present, have been the best companions I could ask for -- loving, intelligent, and amusing friends. I like them more than I like most human beings.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes, i love my birds too. Birds have no ulterior motives: when they want something they let you know without pretending. Every one has its own personality to get to know. Birds never lie to you or judge you.

Pets are nicer than people and bring so much joy. Your only joy should be in witnessing and meeting attendance. That's the service to Jehovah they mean. Anything else is not acceptable to the org.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Exactly LisaRose. Thanks Blondie for including these heart-warming tidbits of good ol' fashioned GB benevolence. I do not have children. I have my beautiful dogs to love and care for. Of course they are not an equal to real human children. But they are my sweet, cheeky pets and I have already provided for them in my will should they live longer than me. Sorry GB.

gorgia

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Worshipping pets = BAD

Worshipping GB = GOOD

Here's why! $$$$$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!! http://www.boomerandecho.com/how-much-do-we-spend-on-our-pets/

PROVERBS 12:10 " The righteous one is caring for the soul of his domestic animal, but the mercies of the wicked ones are cruel."

• blondie
    blondie

There used to be an article by a CO named Carlos about cats...I don't have a copy on my hard drive and the websites seem to be gone. Does someone have a copy and can post it here?

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

I prayed to Jehovah for 30+ years.

He never replied to me.

Then I got a Maine Coon.

He sing-talks to me morning, noon and night.

Guess which one I render exclusive devotion to now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit