Murmuring at the District Covention

by breakfast of champions 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Okay, I just think its kind of funny, but it's also pretty telling as well.

All of my wife's family are pretty deep into the "truth", but they don't mind speaking up either.

Here's some of their (not my) comments:

Saturday was WAAYYYYY to long. All the afternoon session did was repeat what was said in the morning. Boring.

The first drama was "weird", especially the girl Lena's voice. They were amazed they would let someone voice her like that.

The part on "how careful the society is to check and double check everything. " Evidently, they didn't double check Lena's voice - how are we suppose to trust the rest? (This was my personal favorite!)

I'll try to post some more later.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Thanks, hopefully this will wake up those still under the impression these assemblies are meat in due season.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"...and I heard that the end was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo close you could smell it."

Thanks for the laughs. I read someone's post about the drama. (Maybe yours) Only WTS could liven things up in such a terrible way.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

The part on "how careful the society is to check and double check everything. "

Which talk was that in?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

"how careful the society is to check and double check everything."

Yeah, that's why they were wrong about the identity of the FDS for 93 years!!!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

What is the back-story on "Lena's voice"?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

NATHAN NATAS - see the thread about the 2013 Drama "Show Yourself Attentive"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/255045/1/2013-Drama-Show-Yourself-Attentive

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"...and I heard that the end was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo close you could smell it."

My mother passed seven years ago, but in her last few years (after hearing all my life about being in the last days) she always said 'we're on the fringe" of the end of things, I often wonder what she would say now in 2013, about 7 or 8 years after being on the "fringe".

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

ANNOMALY - all I know is that it was on Saturday (I wasn't there for that day)

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

ShirleyW

My mother passed seven years ago, but in her last few years (after hearing all my life about being in the last days) she always said 'we're on the fringe" of the end of things, I often wonder what she would say now in 2013, about 7 or 8 years after being on the "fringe".

Yeah, must have been one of those long fringe skirts.

It's like ....."Armaggedon is round the corner". It's the longest corner I've ever come across.

Actually it drives me round the bend when I hear that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit