Electronic Radio Biola sold in Awake! magazine for $465 each

by Calebs Airplane 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Infernosdante... that reminds of a Minterial Servant in my congo who bought a shit load of hand sanitizer at below market price (just before the swine flu histeria got blown out of proportion). He was actually doing quite well for a few months selling this hand sanitizer to hotels, businesses, schools, the brothers in his congo and other congos, etc.. But then the swine flu histeria suddenly fizzled out practically overnight and it got to the point that he couldn't even give the stuff away for free. He really thought that he would son be able to start a part-time business and quit his day job to go pio-sneer... but he ended up becoming inactive instead and entered a deep depression for a while before finally snapping out of it... so sad...

• Glander
    Glander

About 30 yrs ago a fad went through the congregation. It was a industrial solvent that you rubbed into the skin for sore joints, etc. Can't remember the name of it but it seemed that all the Dubs that used it swore by it.

Also, nuru massage gel parties. I never went to one but we had a few JC meetings with those who did.

• zeb
    zeb

What was the electronic gizmo supposed to do anyway?

• zeb
    zeb

sarahsmile et al.perhaps if these jw had had a decent education they would not be looking for 'businesses'.

• What a lot of bros dont realize when they set out on the business trail is the 'after-hours- input that is essential, doing the paperwork.
    • Despite what the wts says about having your own business gives you more time to do your witnessing. (and i recall them saying the same about 'shift-work' too.)
  • sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Pardon is that your tumor on the floor. LOL I just busted a gut on that one!

Wew, let just make some money on hand sanitzer. LOL

Hey kids look at the silver man and woman! Crazy people.

Z- that is the problem owning ones company it takes a lot of time. There were a lot of honest people trying to start up companies and working nights. Exhausting work with long hours. Hard working ones who were too tired to attend so they were marked as not active. Also, most probably were not thinking about pension plans if they worked for a large company. Sad!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Shift work does NOT give more time for witnessing unless you don't need to sleep! Wouldn't that suit the WT down to the ground? Work at night, pioneer in the day. Oh but night work can cut into meetings...

On the sad side of JW's medical faddishness, a sister I used to be friends with was diagnosed with breast cancer. Just a little lump, could be treated with chemo. But instead she spent years going to some naturopath to try to treat it 'naturally', and then the cancer metastasised of course. So she got a masectomy, but it had grown beyond the breast to a part that couldn't be operated on. So she started the radiation and chemo and stuff, and after 6 years of pain and medicine she died. That on top of years of trying to treat it 'naturally'.

Her memorial was last year, and to this day I'm so frustrated for her because she might be alive now if she had've gone to medical science rather than naturopaths.

Other JWs I know illegally acquire a stuff called "cancema" to burn off skin cancers (Australia's National Cancer) rather than get the doctor to remove it. I'm talking basal cell carcinomas here, not melanomas. I haven't actually yet met a JW with melanoma so I don't know what quackery they'd use for that. This Cancema stuff burns everything apparently.

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

There was an article in Awake! (probably late '80s or early '90s) warning people to be cautious about extreme alternative medicine treatments. I THINK that it was in that same article that a statement was made to the effect that rather than turn to worldy books for information about medical treatment, which might end up being useless or dangerous, it's better to go to Awake! for information. Could somebody see if they can find the actual quote? Thanks!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

a friend just emailed me this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYFmt9Tag3o

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

This is more funny in portuguese because biola sounds like "boiola". Boiola means faggot, WT selling faggot radios! LOL

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Jws and quackery. It's a great topic. I can't believe anyone would have bought that biola thing. But those quacks work on the principle that "there is one born every minute".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit