Electronic Radio Biola sold in Awake! magazine for $465 each

by Calebs Airplane 31 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep. MLM is not so big here anymore, but a friend who's been a JW for ages said that 10-20 years ago MLM was big. Even now I can recall JWs who sold Goji juice, herbal pills, gold coins, undies, reverse auctions, you name it. What is with JWs and MLM?

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

This biola thing reminds me of Vega-mora machines used by some naturopaths today. I know a sister who swears one of those things saved her life. All it is is a little electrode the naturopath pushes against various parts of your body, and a box with a needle which shoots to and fro, like an electronic tuner. The practitioner can tell by where the needle shoots up to what disease you have. Completely debunked by medical science of course, but this sister swears by it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The emeter in scientology works the same way, all it is is measuring the conductivity of your skin much like a crude lie detector machine.

Why are people so easily duped?

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/E-Meter/

You can just use a multimeter and squeeze the probes and measure resistance in ohms and get similar result. If you are keen you can make some short copper pipes for your hands and connect them to it.

Multimeter can be had for £10.

Emeter = £1000s

Rayonex PS1000 = £1000s

And of course you will NEED special very expensive 'training' to be able to use the quack devices. Things that make you go hmmm.

The guy who was jailed for fraud selling fake bomb detectors was doing exactly this kind of thing, selling worthless cheap gimmicky golf ball detectors that are just fancy dowsing rods that have no working parts and repackaging them into very expensive and sophisticated bomb detectors and convincing the hapless and desperate that they worked.

If I told you that your £10 multimeter could detect illness and cancer let alone say it can cure it you would think i was nuts, if I told you your £10 multimeter can detect alien ghosts you should also think I was nuts. If I sold them for £1000s then you should consider me a fraudster.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Oh wow, Rayonex, run by a 'brother', is that expensive for a quack machine? When I used to play bass I would get the live jack on the end of the cord that leads to the amp, I forget the name, and put it to my skin to 'hear' my body's electricity through the speaker. I tried it on my cat too, and she had a much higher pitch than me. Maybe I could set myself up as a practitioner...get rich...

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think Witnesses are vulnerable to this kind of stuff because in a way the WTS is anti-establishment. At least it was anti-establishment at its founding. Don't trust the Government, they are under the influence of evil forces. Don't trust the Church - universal, they are hopelessly corrupt. Similarly, don't trust the WHO, the United Nations, the Nobel Prize committee, or any universal human-led organization. Don't trust established medicine, big corporations, or big pharma.

Instead, fall for the bitty ads in the classifieds offering miracle cures in defiance of the establishment. Don't listen to the doctors they are trying to hush this up as it will put them all out of business.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

oh gosh over the years I've heard of so much quakery among the dubs. Just go to a Dr. Stop with the juicer, the wrist magnets, the Kinesiology, the mineral elements in a bottle, etc etc.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That reminds me of a local colloidal silver fad among the dubs. I know several brothers with grey skin because they took colloidal silver every day, believing it cures everything. They never researched and found out that once the silver particles are in your body they never leave. Suckers.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

My daily ex jw fix leaves me cracking up laughing.

Because it so true! LOL

I remember brothers getting into fights over some new scam. One sold his successful business to two other brothers. The brothers could not make money because of a small clause that left out the main product. The buyers did not make a dime. Hmm,I guess the scammer made a small profit to cover his bills for the month.

Brothers said they were all too lazy to find real jobs! Their pioneers!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ah yes, the "I'll make lots of money with this 'business' then I'll be able to pioneer" reasoning that comes from brothers suckered by these things.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

yeah 6 or 7 years ago the big thing in our area was noni juice, there was a brother giving me the pitch and he said a sister had a tumor and started drinking the juice and her tumor fell off,WHAT !!!,was it like someone said pardon sis is that your tumor in the floor.such honesty in the brotherhood is oh so refreshing. yep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit