Newbie: Well I've been lurking enough and thought I should say hello.

by Adventurousone 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• franticfran
    franticfran

Welcome to you,I found this forum after 32 years in the "truth" and within months I began to recover my equalibrium again,and I made contact with a lovely lady in America who has become a firm friend,so dive in and enjoy speaking freely for the first time in years.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Well thanks for all the love you sent my way. Over the years my husband has been throwing things out to me when he went to the meeting with me. He would say things that he didn't like in the Watchtower magazine, and get me thinking. Well it really came to a head when the governing body said in the March 15th page 20 paragraph 2 said "The other sheep should never forget that their salvation depends on their active support of Christs annointed brothers still on earth." So I thought our salvation comes from Jesus Christ through God not from the annointed. JESUS is the only one we get salvation through not the annointed. So this got me curious and I started to investigate by using our own publications of the society. So theres a few reasons why I left. I'll tell you more later on. So take care of yourselves and continue to love one another.

Love Adventurousone

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Thanks for joining this forum and sharing you thoughts and feelings. It is interesting what we can find out just by meditating on the information that comes down from the WTS. Most jws just accept the information without thinking about what is really being said.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Welcome, Adventurousone! We're glad you're here!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome, it is always great to hear of a couple that leaves together. There are too many marriages that suffer or break up because of this religion. I am one of the fortunate ones because my husband came out with me. I found out TTATT and was able to get him to read C of C and then he did the other research. He told me he respected and loved me too much to not see what I had found out. Thank heavens! I look forward to hearing your story one day. Hang in there because it is a roller coaster of a ride!

• earthfire
    earthfire

Welcome!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome....30 years is a harsh sentence....but at least its not life.

• poppers
    poppers

Welcome to the board, and welcome to your life of freedom; enjoy both.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome! Glad to have you here with us.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

We are your stepping stone to reality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit