Molestation accusation.

by refiners fire 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• amccullough
    amccullough

Speaking of memories, anyone see Memento?

This is an interesting thread to me because this afternoon I am going to the pretrial of a man accused of molesting my wife's niece who we are very close to. This man was also a good friend of mine and the rest of the family. As far as I know there is only one accuser, however social services felt there was a strong case against him. I am confused as to how I should view this man, henceforth I will be attending all of his court dates to attempt to understand all the details so I can come to a personal conclusion about this man. I hope it is obvious to me.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Would you want to be in the position of declaring 96% of true charges invalid to protect the 3-4% that could be falsely accused?

HELL YES!!!

The American Judicial system is based on the premise that people are innocent until proven guilty. Its the basis for the freedom we have in Western Civilization.

Would you want to be in the position of imprisoning 100 men knowing 4 of them was innocent?

We try very hard to keep innocent people out of prison and it still happens.

Clearly children need to be protected but not at the cost of ruining the lives of thousands of innocent men.

Joel

• ChiChiMama
    ChiChiMama

Joel,

I can't believe you said that!Do you even understand what you just said?

I think false accusations are a terrible thing but to say that you would rather 100 real child molesters run free in society molesting children freely because 4 may be falsley accused is sick!

I don't understand your reasoning.The system is far from perfect but the welfare of the many far out weighs that of the few.

b]UADNA-Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America
    ChiChi[/b]

• joelbear
    joelbear

Chi Chi

Thanks for your response. You just made my point for me. Lets just imprison everybody, then all the children will be safe.

Joel

• joelbear
    joelbear

but the welfare of the many far out weighs that of the few.

very very scary statement.

Joel

• waiting
    waiting

If there's nothing else we can agree on - the one thing agreed is that child molestation is a many-sided beast. Hiding emotions of all kinds, and medical science still searching for answers to the problem of memory.

There are all kinds of memory, or lack thereof. And great controversy surrounds repressed memories. The False Memory Foundation has one of the strongest political clout systems around - including press releases. Those people work the system, for good and bad. If my memory is correct, Dr. Loftus was on the board of the False Memory Foundation at one time, perhaps still is. Her work is quoted in the psych. book I'm studying in school now. She deals with other types of memory also.

One psychologist was quoted in the early 90's as saying "If all these women really have repressed memories, this needs to be studied. If these women really don't have repressed memories, this needs to be studied." And the studies continue.

RF - Your on/off friend needs to get a lawyer - not a confidant. Whoever he hangs around with will probably be questioned too.

Also, your description of him, and his coming to you, a casual friend with this deep information abruptly doesn't bode well for him.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Dakota Red,

Two years ago, I too was accused of trying to molest my then 13 year old stepdaughter. I found out about it after the investigation by the police found the charges baseless. Luckily, they decided to investigate it quietly first and not lock me up first. - dr
    Sorry to say, I've heard several reports of this - and it usually stems from an angry ex-wife coaching a child, who may or may not be angry too.

One therapist I had (who dealt extensively with children) told me to not make the mistake of thinking that kids can't lie or get even. After all the years of publicity on child abuse - some of them know this is a weapon, which told to the right person, holds much power to disrupt.

Messy situation for everyone.

waiting

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy amc,

Speaking of memories, anyone see Memento?
    Fascinated me so much (after 3 viewings), I went out and bought the darned thing. My psych. prof. has the movie too btw - and it is a real condition, albeit rare.

We viewed a film clip of a music composer who had a raging virus, which destroyed the memory part of his brain.....he could remember less than a minute of time. Hospitalized for the rest of his life. He could still play music that he had before the virus - but could learn nothing more. Very angry, frustrated man - with an inkling of what he'd lost.

waiting

• COMF
    COMF

Aren't these guys guilty until proven innocent?

The accused are guilty in every ones minds.

It's funny how people's thoughts on matters differ as to what side of the coin they're looking at.

Okay, all-or-nothing crowd, let's have a fresh look at post #2 of this thread:

"You don't have to take sides. Nor do you have to figure out whether he did it."

COMF

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Hi Waiting. In my case, the stepbrat and, her siblings, need very little coaching. They learned real young how to manipulate the system and they know what power they have. Anything said by them is and was accepted as gospel, especially in the Kingdom Hall.

Add to that, their maternal grandad was a Vietnam draft dodger and I am a Vietnam Veteran.

What really amazes me is the latest complaint I received from CPS, steming from the same kid. Can you imagine receiving a threatening letter from an over impressed with themselves agency over listening to music? I'm still in a quandry as to whether I should reply or just let it slide, since the monsters are out of my life now.

What a mess liberalism has made of this country and the world.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit