Molestation accusation.

by refiners fire 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I got a phone call from an ex dub I used to hang out with 20 years ago when we were young bucks. I hardly seen him in the past 15 years.
    Weve gone different ways and his family was always a bit..you know... tainted. A bit nutso.
    Anyway, the guy calls me on Tuesday night all distressed and wanting desperately to see me. He wanted to come up here, but i went there instead. Dont really want the guy hanging around here all night.
    So I zoom down.
    I get there and with great distress the guy announces that the cops just been to see him. Two of his neices have accused him of full on molestation. Penetration. The works.
    Starting 1982 through 1991.
    Im sat there like...WHOA!
    The guy wants ME to tell him what to do!
    Hes terrified. The cops (according to him) threatened to give him a hiding and one of them pulled his gun and drew a bead on the dog because it was barking.
    This is what he tells me.
    Course, Im sat there thinking
    "DID HE DO IT"?
    (The ex dub, not the cops)
    He says it all a fabrication.
    Hes the only disfellowshipped member of the family and theyre conspiring against him, the two young women have got "false memory syndrome", whatever.
    My brains whirling.What am I supposed to say?
    I think he called me over there in case the police come and interview ME about HIM.Apparently theyre interviewing all his aquaintances.
    Do I know anything.etc.

My advice?
    I told him to keep his gob shut and say nothing!
    Tell the cops absolutely nothing at all, develop a blank memory.
    I told him it was their job to prove it, and not his job to convict himself with his blabber mouth.
    What would you have said??

I dont know what to think about this.
    Can anyone see anything in this that, maybe, I am missing??

• COMF
    COMF

You don't have to take sides. Nor do you have to figure out whether he did it.

Advise him to get a good lawyer. Explain to him that you are not one.

COMF

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

He's already being stupid by talking to other people about this. From the little you've mentioned, he seems to have lost just about any common sense he has. Like Comf said, tell him to get a lawyer. You're involved now btw. They most likely know he saw you, and if I were you I would expect a visit.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

If innocent, I really feel for the guy. Two years ago, I too was accused of trying to molest my then 13 year old stepdaughter. I found out about it after the investigation by the police found the charges baseless. Luckily, they decided to investigate it quietly first and not lock me up first.

If really innocent, the interviews with friends and acquaintenances should show the charges to be baseless. If there are other young girls he has been around, they too should be interviewed and state whether he tried anything with them.

I don't know about in Australia, but here in the US, it is almost impossible to prove your innocence and they don't have to prove your guilt, usually, just accuse. I am one of the lucky ones.

This same JW kid, now 15, recently turned me into CPS (Childrens Protective Services)again. This time I am accused of "contributing to her command hallucinations to kill herself by downloading and playing music drogatory to women in her presence. My taste in music ranges from Big Band of the late 30's to rock up to the mid 80s. I have no music derogatory to women.

As I told the Social Worker, it is really a sad state of affairs when an out of control Government agency can now mandate what music a person is allowed to listen too.

Thank God this marriage is over and they moved out the 25th of March. Such honesty and caring coming from a dub family! Never again!

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

I cant understand why he would call me.
    Thats what Im fishing about.
    If I knew anything, I could understand, but I dont, never seen anything unusual at all.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire
    I too was accused of trying to molest my then 13 year old stepdaughter

Holy CRAP! Red.
    That is a BIG admission to make on THIS forum. You are a brave man.

it is almost impossible to prove your innocence and they don't have to prove your guilt, usually, just accuse.
    That is a thing that bothers me, there is so much hysteria around this issue that ...well...is it possible fair play has gone out the window?
    This guy told me that one of the cops got him in the kitchen and whispered "I know you did it..I know youre guilty, and nothing you say will make me change my mind".
  • Naeblis
    Naeblis

He's calling you because he wants to indirectly convince you he never could have done it. He's your pal. He's your friend. And he's hoping you'll remember that when the cops come knocking.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Being accused of a sex crime is a powerful weapon. There is practically no defence. Even if you are found innocent, your reputation will never recover. It's a bit frightening and I know even with myself, I'm far less friendly with children then I used to be.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

How true, Naeblis. I used to do just about anything I could for kids. After the soon to be exes brats, I am very leary of being around kids. So far, it has not interfered with my grandkids.

In my case, RF, the cops never even talked to me. They talked to everyone else and found out that I could not and would not have done it. The dub wife let it slip a day or two afterwards.

If he is guilty, it will come out. They never restrict their conduct to just one or two, but usually go after others too.

But, to be accused of such a thing, even falsely, is a bitter stigma to carry around with you. Like Naeblis said, many automatically believe you did something and will always think that.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Geez RF..what a predicament to find yourself in. Do you think you will be called on to give a character reference? Did the girls have that suppressed memory thing? I don't know how it works but they go under hypnosis and apparently they remember stuff and can claim for damages...how reliable it is I don't know. I feel sorry for your friend if he is innocent.

I had a friend...she told her mother that she had suppressed memories of her mother's father molesting her as a baby. Under hypnosis she retrieved the memories...and so she thought she would enlighten the family with her anguish. Her family dropped her like a hot potatoe..end of story. Its probably easier to paint a picture of her character...she's a buddhist...spirit medium...travels from town to town and stays with friends until they tire of her...she has no home...she has no job except voluntary buddhist work...occassionally does a bit of astro travelling and is a bit of a hippy.

As for your friend, I guess the police have to take every case seriously whether he is guilty or not.

Like I said..what a predicament!

Beck

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit