G Losch: child baptised at 5, reg pioneer since!

by fifth.column 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fifth.column
    fifth.column

Sorry, no record of it, we were not allowed to do that .

At the very beginning of the event they said that we were encouraged to take notes, but we should'nt share, even with brothers & sisters. We could only summarize by our own words. Do you have something to hide?

By the way, he gave his speech in French. Nice, but sometimes very hard to understand... and as he was reading his paper, he was very boring... (or maybe it is always the case ?!)

• stan livedeath
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Encouraging or praising child baptisms is a form of CHILD ABUSE!!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The whole story by G.L. is probably pure bullshit just like their questions from readers is pure bullshit and non verifiable.

smiddy

• maksutov
    maksutov

Giordano: Jesus got baptized when he was 30. I thought he set the example for Christians. Does anyone remember the explanation from the WT why that age was ignored?

I don't know about the official reason, but when I raised that question with my JW wife (who thinks 14 is an ideal age to get baptised), she replied that Jesus was born into a dedicated nation, so he was already dedicated at birth. His baptism had a different significance, so cannot be used as the template for today.

I also asked her whether she would be happy with our daughter getting married at 14. She said of course not, but that is different - Jehovah is perfect and will never let anyone down, so it is safe for her to dedicate herself to him at a young age - it acts as a protection.

They'll always find ways to bullshit their way out of using logic.

• steve2
    steve2

We should express more positivity over a child's baptism at 5. She now qualifies for being formally disfellowshipped should she engage in "serious" wrongdoing - especially if she is judged to be unrepentant.

In the meantime, the child can be used to extol the virtues of the baptized status - and Mom and Dad can bask in the glow of their daughter's precocious pirituality.

What a unique privilege for a little girl to know she now qualifies for shunning should the need arise. Honestly, what other 5-year-old is saddled with such a prospect?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

MAKSUTOV said - "I also asked her whether she would be happy with our daughter getting married at 14."

I'd ask her, "Why don't we give our daughter the keys of the car?"

Because she is not legally, mentally, or emotionally mature enough to handle the decisions and responsibilities required of a competent car driver! She is a child who clearly has no personal idea of the Bible's sole reason for baptism (Acts 2:38) - only what she's been told is the reason, namely, "to dedicate your life to Jehovah". [the Org]

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    When these "little ones" get baptized, notice how they all gush over the fact that they got baptized so young. It's a brag fest! "My Suzy is better than your Johnny. She's at Bethel, a need greater, a pioneer, yadda, yadda, yadda." I wonder when we will see bumper stickers. "My child is a need greater in Africa." lol
  • steve2
    steve2
    Years ago JWs were extremely critical when they heard of children in other religious groups being baptized. Another instance of the Double Standard. Besides, what ever happened to their belief about baptism being linked to the 'age of understanding' implying at least adolescence?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

what ever happened to their belief about baptism being linked to the 'age of understanding' implying at least adolescence?

Good point Steve2

Back in the 60's to 80's, I dont recall any kids getting baptized at Assemblies,, most were at least young teens or adolescents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit