Daughter Going to College this Fall

by TR 44 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Wow. My first born baby will be going to college in the fall. She will graduate High School and Spokane Community college this year with an AA degree. She's not even 18 yet! I can't tell you people how proud of her I am, and so glad that I dumped the 'hovah thang so that she didn't become enslaved to do the WTS's bidding.

She's getting the best possible start that she can. She was accepted at all three colleges she applied to with almost full scholasrships. She'll be attending her #1 choice, and that is Gonzaga University here in Spokane. Gonzaga is a small(about 5000 students)Jesuit school that has a very good reputation. Angie is interested in forensic psychology, but who knows what her major will end up being.

By the age of 24 she could very possibly earn a doctorate. We're supporting her all the way. But for now, she'll be graduating high school withhonors, then 2 days later, we'll be attending her college graduation ceremony. She's got a 2 year head start on the college thing, with no religious mental programming holding her back.

Now, she isn't one of these flaming liberal mush-headed kids. She's very open-minded, yet has a great conservative base. Man, I wish I was her age again!

Needless to say, I'm as pround of this kid as any parent could possibly be.

TR

AWWWWW, CRAP!

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Good for you TR. I'm sure you're very proud. It's nice to hear of parents giving their kids some genuinely good direction and support for a change.

Path

• LDH
    LDH

TR,

I'm SOOOOO proud for you, man. I really mean that.

Tell your daughter we are all rooting for her.

Man, to be 16 and XJW!

Lisa

• out4good3
    out4good3

Congratulations...

Sounds like she has her head on straight and knows exactly what SHE wants to fo with her life. Those critical thinking skills learned in school will work well to keep her from being enslaved to the WT and the old men in Brooklyn.

I'm holding out hope that my son will have the same academic success. He'll graduate with an AA next year.

Isn't it great to see young ones choosing not to become enslaved to a publishing company.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

congrats TR and Angie! :)

A good friend is someone who will come and bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "That was f**king awesome."

• JeffT
    JeffT

Wow TR, give her a hug for me. You must be one proud Dad. Gonzaga is a top notch school.

My youngest (16)got his GED last fall and is now going to Seattle Central Community College, so I know the feeling.

PS, good luck keeping the mushy headed stuff out of her brain. There is some BS on our college campuses that rivals anything ever said in a KH.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

TR,

Congradulations dude!!!! I couldn't be happier for you and your daughter. Thank god we got out!

Are Megaditto's in order here?

Slipnslidemaster:"I worked very hard and I earned all the attention I'm getting."
    - Anna Kournikova

Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Congratulations, TR! She sounds like a wonderful girl.

By the way, what is AA?

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Congrats!

Gonzaga is a great school.

Jeff S.

• TR
    TR

AA is an "Associate of Arts" degree. It's the first 2 year degree, I believe.

TR

AWWWWW, CRAP!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit