An old JW friend of mine contacted me...

by MrMoe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Well MrMoe, from what you said, your friend can drink from a fire hose. More power to her! I hope the "water" you're getting publicly and privately will put out the fires of JWism in her.

MrCurly

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Alan - Fire hose, yes... It is a lot, and you should have heard our first few conversations. After my first e-mail, she answered back a short while later with more questions. She reminds me of me when I began searching. Night and day, every website unturned, every book read in a matter of hours. Took me a whole 2-3 weeks to exit from true believer to ex-jw. She will not go to websites or read books as of yet nor do I wish to ask her. I hope soon I an get her to read Ray Franz's book.

Kisses,
    Moe

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Naeblis dude yo! You are definitely going to have to keep me clued in cause I keep talkin to broads and thinking they are dudes which totally sucks because then I am not my normal charming self. I aint gonna get no play on this board if that keeps happenin..

MrMoe, yes Naeblis informed me. So...(said in Joey fashion from friends) ...How you doiin? (wigglin eyebrows)

• Xander
    Xander

Hmmmmm...thread is two days old....

So, any news? Hear back from her yet?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Xander - Yes, and it is going quite well. She has already unearthed ON HER OWN the UN scandal. She and I will be meeting this weekend.

Also, a big thanks for those of you who have helped one-on-one with her. The wealth of information helped a GREAT deal.

Kisses,
    Moe

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

This is great, MrMoe. The JW friend with whom I recently got in contact has, I'm sure, decided that I am too much of a danger to her spirituality to keep in contact.

She invited me to the Memorial, and tried to urge me to begin studying again to "build up my faith". I gave only a few minor points to her to consider (i.e. studying the literature does not equate to faith), but I guess it was sufficient to activate her apostate early warning system, and I haven't heard from her in several weeks.

I'm hoping that she'll think about things a little more, or perhaps write back so we can establish some sort of friendship renewal outside the bounds of the Kingdom Hall, but I have my doubts. (sigh)

It's great to read of the positive results you have had.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

RHW - Sorry to hear that. Maybe though what you did say helped plant a seed of doubt that just may be laying dormant for the time being. Have you thought of studying with her JUST to spread doubt? I know I personally could not, as I don't think I could sit through a study without vomiting, but it is an idea...

Kisses,
    Amanda

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Study? (shudder) No, I don't think I could do it. Even when I was active, studying something for the 100th time just wasn't appealing in the least. Additionally, I just don't want to get back in their sights, so to speak. I'd like to see her again, but on neutral terms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit