An old JW friend of mine contacted me...

by MrMoe 27 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

This Thread will become the standard after awhile as to how folks approach jw family and friends

there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER in my view for a jw who as Net access to not know how to prepare for dealing with jw

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

James

'I don't understand'
    Neither did Eve, at the time. But she eventually DID.

Yadirf

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yadirf

You said:

Pattern:
    Eve's curiosity was aroused when she noticed that a snake for the very first time no longer fled when she approached, but stopped to chat instead.
    MrMoe said:

An old JW friend of mine called me a week ago. We talked, she has doubts. We talked more, now she wants to know why I "left" the truth.

Sounds to me that her friend had legitimate questions and she was just responding to her. Her friend can either accept or refuse to listen to her explanation. Typical cult mentalities to blame everything you don’t agree on to a devil.

Will

"I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's."
    Mark Twain

• SYN
    SYN

The example of Eve is yet another chauvinistic tale straight from the hallowed pages of that book given to us by our perfect, very MALE 'God'. First, the writer makes the assumption that Eve was so stupid that she would listen to a TALKING SNAKE (for crying out loud) instead of running away and telling her doctor to give her different anti-depressive medication so she wouldn't hallucinate.

It seems that the further back you go in the Bible, the more ludicrous it gets. The whole Noah's Ark spectacle was worth a few laughs, but the Adam+Eve thing is just silly!

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good work Moe. I agree its a lot of information ... but if your JW friend is having serious doubts, then the next step will be for her to read Crisis of Conscience.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

The first-century Christians stated that they would face torture, imprisonment and execution rather than stop speaking of what they had seen and heard.

If Eve had simply stuck with what SHE had seen and heard, the world might be a different place right now.

Yardfart, you should stick with what you have SEEN and HEARD, not what a bunch of angry and dysfunctional old men in Brooklyn have told you.

What MOE did was fabulous...she will not stop talking about the things she has seen and heard.

((((Moe))))

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

To the dude that started this thread:

Amenfeckinmen...I mean HONESTLY do we really think an almight god would decide that a bunch of backwater, camel riding, hashish smoking, baby eating (yes they ate their own babies, its even in their own scriptures), dog fecking, baby burning, vineyard stealing Adamites should be his chosen people? PUHLEASE! The Gaels never ate babies ever. Instead we did the manly thing and ate the testes of enemies we killed in battle, and took their heads home with us. If an almighty god was going to have a chosen people it would clearly be the Superior Milesians and Tuatha De Danaan.

To SYN:

Yo dude, despite all the stuff I just said up there about the scriptures of the circle people...The bible is really just plagerised from other mythos like the sumerian shit man. The snake stuff, is just a representation of the goddess..an allegory. The circles plagerized that myth and tried to put even in a bad light..that is part of the patriarchy. But in reality all that mythos (sacred story) shows is that wisdom was believed by the ancients to come through the female. The circle people and the fish people (both Adamites) did their best to cover this and other goddess concepts in their own liturgy. But they used those goddess concepts too freely to be entirely dismissed. If you look at the liturgy as what it truly is, not a history, or a perceived history..but as allegory, like the gnostics and the rabbis of the first century, yes indeed many were saying even back then it was allegory, then you can dismiss what the circle people and the fish people say.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

El Oh El,

You know quite often I am simply in amazement at my own ingenuity.

But this time I simply have to give myself a pat on the back...
    hhehehe

Circle people
    Fish people

Dayum I am good....

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I just think it's amusing you think you're talking to two guys :)

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Thanks Dungie

Hyghlandyr - interesting post... but I assure you I am not a dude.

Kisses,
    "Missy" Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit