Unbelievable Experience in Yearbook

by gingerbread 45 Replies latest jw friends

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

A number of years back I heard a story of a young girl in a congregation ( I have some good friends in this hall ) who had an amazing field service experience. It was so amazing that it was retold in the 2007 yearbook!

It is retold in the Highlight of the Past Year section. It begins "Twelve-year-old Morgan serves as an auxiliary pioneer..." It tells how she meets a guy during the convention campaign and gives him an invite. He says he will attend Sat & Sun but has to work Friday. He later threatens his boss with quiting his job in order to attend Friday ( this is what she tells him all good JW's do ) and gets the o.k. to have the day off. He then attends the convention all three days, bringing 35 others with him (friends and family).

You can find the full 'experience' if you have the 2007 yearbook or on JW.org (WT Library).

Why am I posting this? We all know that crazy experiences abound in Witness lore. The facts regarding this story were all made up by this girl and her parents. The only part that was true was she 'placed' a tract with this guy and he attended. That's it. When they fessed up, she lost her reg aux pioneering status (at the age of 13 mind you) and Dad stepped down as an elder. The family moved to a different congregation. My friends tell me that the real story is widely know in the area.

My thought is how many millions read this experience and believed it to be true? How many times was it repeated as fact? Why does it currently exist online? You would think that it would not appear on the WT library. Especially by an organization that prides itself in preaching the 'Truth'.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Anyone who believes that story deserves to be lied to.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Gingerbread- Hope you don't think that's the only story that the Borg "embellished" as in totally lied about and published.

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Bethel fact-checkers were on lunch.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Shirley - I've been in this gig for over fifty years. I've heard it all - since childhood. On a young impressionable mind (and by those 'new in the truth'), this sort of story confirms the notion of divine intervention / involvement with the WT organization (which we held to be TRUE).

The org has always been very active at revising their own history - eliminating facts that shed a negative light on the people in power.

• Londo111
    Londo111

Interesting.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Stories that the dubs use are plagerized from other religions. Nowadays it's easy to catch. Just write down an "account" that is stated from the podium and google it. The truth comes out.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I know of two people who had experiences about them and both told me there were things in it that weren't exactly so.

• Robert7
    Robert7

"Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story". Remember for JWs the ends justify the means.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

Little girl at age 12 is an auxilary pioneer. Check, first lie.

Do you think she made all her hours? lol,lol,lol.

Now, do you think Morgan is a JW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit