Just wondering...

by molybdenum 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• humbled
    humbled

A few weeks ago watched a film called the Truman Show. Many have seen it--Jim Carrey plays a man whose life is staged as a reality show--only he doesn't know it. He is the only "real" person in it. Everyone else in it are actors--so, pleasant as it is made for him, it is false. Ultimately, he "wakes up" to it.

And he couldn't stand it.

That is what happened to me when I learned TheTruthAboutTheTruth. I was driving to the meeting alone in my truck when it occurred that all the things that had happened pointed to one thing--it was false. My truck turned into a parking lot along the road and I sat and shook and cried. And could not go to a meeting again. I went for discussions with the elders--but never again for a meeting and do not like to remember them now at all.

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

i miss a couple friends,dont miss the meetings i loathed them,and dont even get me started on fs.

• sspo
    sspo

No...don't even miss many of the friends that i was close to.

Anyone that you cannot share your doubts because they might stab you in the back and turn you in cannot be a true friend.

• Heaven
    Heaven

No.

• cofty
    cofty

No, absolutely nothing.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I miss my family. That's all.

Loz x

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I miss the rest meetings provided. On a Sunday afternoon I could just sit there and drift off, look out the windows at the trees. A$$embĀ£ies and CONventions is where I caught up on all my sleep.

I miss the cozy feeling of having special knowledge and that I wasn't going to die.

Alas. Twas all delusion and I prefer reality anytime......as brutal as it is.

I'd sooner be slapped in the face than lied to.

I don't miss all the supercillious sods that attended the meetings. I certainly don't miss the CO's visit as most of them were just in it for self praise and the desire to be worshipped.

A bit of a mixed bag really.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like the characters whose personalities shout so loud that even the WTS can't competely suppress them. They'll never be up for advancement, but heck, what fun they are!

• How about a poetry-writing Elvis impersonator?
    • A ham radio operator.
    • A burnt-out stock broker riding his homebuilt bicycle to the store for groceries?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit