Daniel 2:33,34,44,45 scripturally proves the Kingdom was not established in 1914!

by yadda yadda 2 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

The reason why Daniel and Ezra/Nehemiah were suppressed was because they expose some of the original chronology and kings.

For instance, Ezra 6:14,15, besides confirming that Darius I only ruled for six years, confirm that Darius I's successor was called "Artaxerxes" and that king is understood to be Artaxerxes, Longimanus throughout the book of Ezra. But Daniel 11:2 confirms that the 4th king after Cyrus, which is the successor to Darius I, would fight against Greece and that part of history is well confirmed by the history of Xerxes' invasion in Greek records.

Also, we have extant documents that confirm that Xerxes was also known as Artaxerxes, whether or not you conclude they were the same king.

So once Xerxes claimed he was his own son, Artaxerxes, these two books had to be suppressed. This was during cold war times between Persia and Greece so the Jews cooperated, of course. They were very protective of Artaxerxes.

So, since we are all so informed and so smart, why not focus on trying to disprove the Bible and prove that Xerxes and Artaxerxes, Longimanus were actually not the same king? Go ahead and try. Be informed! Let's investigate.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

CRAZY: thats one slow moving stone.

LARS: Well, the kingdom in heaven is set up before it is set up in the earth, so the two events do not happen at the same time.

The Bible does state that Armageddon would seem "delayed" so it seems like a slow-moving stone, except once the chronology is corrected, then the 2nd coming occurs in 1992 and not 1914. So the stone is moving a bit faster than JWs currently believe.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

GIGO!

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58
    So it was written for the age of crisis the pseudonymous author found himself in, not as a book of prophecy about some far off kingdom of God to be "set up" many centuries later.

I know some people will simply not believe the Bible, regardless. But in Daniel's defense, the chronology is what comes through as confirming how accurate Daniel's prophecies are about the future. Daniel has three chronology prophecies that have to match up to the same year for the second coming. But they are based on actual events:

1. The "7 times" prophecy, which is what 1914 is based on dates the 2nd coming 2520 years after the fall of Jerusalem. This is based on that date being 607 BCE. The original date for the fall of Jerusalem is 529 BCE. That means the 2nd coming would be in 1992 rather than 1914. But that date has to match two other prophecies.

2. The "seventy weeks" prophecy requires the messiah to fulfill the 70th week. The first time he fulfills the first half; the second time he fulfills the second half. The 70th week of the first coming was 29-36. We only have to count down to our time. 70 weeks is 490 years. 4 x 490 = 1960. 1960 + 36 = 1996. So the 70th week of the second coming ends in 1996 and begins in 1989. That means the messiah would arrive within less than 1 year of the mid-week passover on April 6, 1993. That means he must arrive in 1992-1993. That matches #1! So this dating is based on the appearance of Christ in 29 CE. It is not related to ancient events with distorted dates.

3. Finally, the "1335 days" reflects the 2nd coming after the return of the Jews to their homeland which ends 1290 days. November 30, 1947 is when the official Jewish exile ended as well as the so-called "gentile times." This ended the 1290 days. In that case, the messiah was to arrive 45 years later to fulfill the 1335 days. 1290 + 45 = 1335. 1947 + 45 = 1992. Now 1947 is a modern event prophesied by Daniel that links to the 2nd coming year. Yet it is the same year you get in #1 and #2.

#1 is a bit complex because of revisionism during the Persian Period. But that is easily observed and confirmed. The apocryphal book of "Esdras" compared to Ezra/Nehemiah points to where the revisions were made. Even so, astronomy helps us to recover the original timeline. The VAT4956 thus independently dates year 37 of Nebuchadnezzar II to 511 BCE in 2 lines. The other lines match 568 BCE, which is the current popular revised timeline. But note what happens when year 37 is dated to 511 BCE? That means year 19 falls in 529 BCE. Is that a coincidence? No.

Now I'm not promoting this interpretation here for your acceptance. I'm just noting that depending upon your interpretation one is impressed or not impressed with whether Daniel actually prophesied about future events or just events occurring around his own time, even though, his own time was during the Neo-Babylonian and early Persian Period and not much later during the post-exilic times of Epiphanes.

If someone doesn't want to believe and don't want anything to be fulfilled, then nothing anyone can say will change their minds. But for others of us, we're very impressed how what was prophesied by Daniel has come true in modern times.

Of course, I'm critical of those who go out of their way to discredit the Bible without knowing how to interpret it correctly, but who don't apply the same intensity to the pagan records and pagan history. Few want to discuss issues of pagan historical revisionism but automatically assume the Jews just made up things and that their history is chronically inaccurate. So I say, let's look at both with the same critical eye and see what we come up with.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

yadda yadda 2:

I was rather hoping someone would comment on my argument per se, on its merits. So far I've had no direct feedback on the content of my post?

Larsinger58:

[blah blah blah]

yy2, see what you went and did?! I hope you're happy.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Lars:

For the record, Daniel clearly dates his own book. He served under Nebuchadnezzar II as well as Darius the Mede and was still alive when Cyrus came to the throne.

I, Jeffro, in this fourth year of Elvis Presley, say that the author of Daniel couldn't possibly have backdated his work.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Clear off my thread Larsinger, you're just here to hijack threads again to spout your nonsense. I've got no time whatsoever for anyone who thinks he's Jesus resurrected as a gay black cross-dresser.

Can a moderator please remove Larsinger's posts on here and advise whether it's possible to ban this poster from hijacking any of my future posts?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Daniel 2:33,34,44,45 scripturally proves the Kingdom was not established in 1914!

Technically, since Daniel 2 has nothing to do with Jesus at all, it doesn't prove or disprove anything at all about 'Christ' establishing his 'kingdom' in 1914 (or any other year). It only proves that their interpretation of Daniel 2 is, at best, flimsy.

JW beliefs about 1914 are disproved by other means.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I'm arguing using the JW's own beliefs about Daniel 2 Jeffro. In any event, Daniel 2:44 clearly has something to do with Jesus with the clear association to Daniel 7:13,14.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    In any event, Daniel 2:44 clearly has something to do with Jesus with the clear association to Daniel 7:13,14.

Nope. The 'Jesus' story (including derivative works such as Revelation) was simply written to fit the plot of an earlier vague story in Daniel.

Similar fraud is performed by Christians in the retroactive assignment of Jesus as the 'Messiah' of Daniel 9:25-26, which was actually an oblique reference to Cyrus. See also Isaiah 45:1.

There is nothing at all in Daniel that specifically identifies anything to do with Jesus.

See also retcon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit