Can U Answer a Really Hard ? from any JW?

by Mindchild 24 Replies latest jw friends

• blindfool
    blindfool

I agree with Little Toe.
    Answering questions from JW's is hard because they can't accept the answers. A closed mind is hard to debate with.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    1. If you don’t believe in Satan and his demons, why is there so much bloodshed, pain and misery in the world today in spite of the attempts of men to stop it from happening?
    2. If you don’t believe that God will destroy the wicked at Armageddon what is going to save the world from destroying itself?

ANSWER #1:
    Entropy. Competition and the consumption/destruction of other life forms is how animals survive and propagate.

ANSWER #2:
    The question is flawed. The person asking this is assuming that he knows the future. I do not claim to know the future.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

wow we really lost the point of the thread back there. It isnt that dude was really looking for an answer to his questions, he wanted to know if there were questions like those, that we found hard to answer. So far Ive not.

To the dude that says the questions are hard, I would wager you are not of Gaelic descent.(NO I am not a freakin celt and whoever descided to use that term is going to get an earful when I get to Tir ná Nog, that is if I decide to stay there and not just go straight away to Tir ná mBan)....

To the dude that says it is more fun to play with them, damn straight muh nigga!

• Mindchild
    Mindchild

Sorry about the delay in posting my response to the input here but better late than never as they say.

I appreciated both the comments on the questions I raised and on the topic of JW's asking you hard questions. Personally, I've asked myself more tough questions when I was leaving the Borg than any dub has ever bothered asking me afterwards.

Regarding the right anwsers to my questions, well most of you realize that it is a bit difficult to answer in depth and comprehensively. The reason for this is that human behavior has many different influences. There have been sociiological and anthropological studies done on cultures and you can find some contributing factors that tie into social misery but then these same factors don't explain everything. Take war for example. Why is it that we have wars?

The standard JW answer typically includes the idea that demons influence the minds of world leaders, either directly or indirectly (indirectly by means of creating the culture of discontent, etc.) to push them over the edge. Another JW idea well used is that religions have a lot to do with wars and they point at the Middle East as an example.

I don't give any credit to the demon hypothesis they expouse, but religion has certainly played a role in the causation of wars but more interesting is that historical records show that most wars were actually started to maintain unity. For instance, the Civil War in the USA had the objective of keeping the USA from splitting apart. Wars are fought over resources. Wars are caused by acts of aggression. Wars are fought because of hatred.

Another interesting fact about war is the "size" of the nation involved. History has shown that when nations are smaller and fairly equal in power, there is a lot less warfare than when one nation is more powerful. In fact, the great powers in past history, were almost always involved in warfare. Power gives people a feeling of impunity and makes them aggressive. Instead of a super power making the world more peaceful, it actually makes it much more dangerous. Just look at the number of wars and conflicts the USA has been involved in since the fall of the former Soviet Union. You can bet we will be involved in more warfare as long as we are a super power.

Anyway, again my point is that there are multiple factors involved in making the world full of misery. It is a complex synergy of problems that are intimately involved in economics, population, geography, the environment, politics, religion, and much more. Hoping for simple answers to solve complex issues is a lost cause.

Some of you pointed out that the answer to the second question might not be a lot of fun and not what we want to hear. I have to agree. At least recognizing the scope of the problem lays the ground work for a potential solution. At least, being aware of the real problems is better than living with your head in the sand.

Skipper

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

I think to say that 'religion' being involved in war is not going quite far enough.

'Religious intolerance' lies beneath many of our problems in the middle east. Those people are't ready for peace yet I guess.

Ask Jehovah's Witnesses what they are doing to promote religious tolerance.

???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit