Get Your Teeth Cleaned ... Armageddon is NOT Imminent!!!

by cha ching 20 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Hillary
    Hillary

I heard in 1975 there were JW's not getting oil changes for their cars. Anyone else hear that?

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

There's a book out by Ramiel Nagel that's quite interesting about how dentists will tell you something that's not reverseable regarding tooth decay, yet it is. Also, there's a natural herb call white oak bark, which is referred to as the dentists enemy, look it up and learn what it can do, I use it as maintenance myself. I also posted here a while ago that grapefruit seed extract took down the pain and swelling in my problem tooth just like when the dr. prescribed penicillin.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks for the tip Shirley.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Hillary...The pressure to pioneer - pioneer - pioneer was fierce in the late 1960's.

I hadn't heard, "Don't get an oil change" per se, but I did hear so many other don'ts .

The 2nd poster to respond to this thread, Heaven, jokingly said, "It's OK to buy green bananas now".

If you use a JWN word search through the past 13 years, you will find lots of threads from exJW's who were coerced into believing "the End" was imminent. The Governing Body in their perverted way to make more book sales, to buy up more real estate and rake in more money, very effectively told honest, humble and believing members "We are telling you the end of 6,000 years of man's existence is in the Fall of 1975. Armageddon is nigh!. There will be destruction, like you have never witnessed before now". "You will be held accountable by Jehovah God himself, if you do not get out there now, and warn the wicked. Yes. You will be blood guilty if you do not go and search out these righteous hearted ones, and bring them into God's Organization on earth, which is the WTB&T$. We are the only ones that use God's personal name Jehovah, so we are the only ones that Jehovah God recognizes as His true folllowers , here on this earth".

All of the talks, literature etc., were littered with this propaganda.

Yes. There were JW's who sold their homes, some cashed in their retirement funds, some gave up well paying jobs, many did not go to College or Trade Schools, or University. Many of our American young brothers of conscription age, went to Federal Peniteraries. We were systematically, indoctrinated, to believe whatever "The Society" told us. We had to do more, not try harder, but do more now. A shameful waste of lives.

But on the topic of "Get Your Teeth Cleaned...Armageddon is NOT Imminent". Too many JW's have let their dental hygiene slip. At University's where they teach Dentistry and Dental Hygienists, they need clients to work on. The Instructor checks the student's work. On the down side is the appointment can take twice as long. There is usually a nominal small fee.

Just Lois

• sspo
    sspo

$17000 bill...that's a lot of money. Many people have traveled to Tijuana, Mexico to have major work down and saving about 60 to 70%.

There are many dental clinics right across the border, very clean with modern equipment and they all speak English.

Just a thought !!!

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm so sorry about your experience. I have pretty good teeth and I am trying to maintain them. Its really important to focus on your health and not take it for granted if its good. One of the dangerous things that JW's teach is that the world is gonna end at any moment. It is BY FAR the most dangerous teaching EEEEEVER, besides many others. You give up on living in this world, and you take the good in the present for granted. Wish I hadnt, I'm 30 years old, and while I've done a lot of things with my life, havent even done a quarter of the stuff that I want to do. My brother is still stuck on it, so is my parents. I get emotional because I was stuck on that for so long. I lay in bed and think about it all the time. Thats why I must expose this cult for what it is! I warn someone WHENEVER I talk to them! Anyone, black, white, young, old, ANYONE. Cause I dont want ANYONE wasting there time in that. THERE SO MUCH TO LIFE THEN THAT WACK ASS RELIGION! People take there good health and time for granted, and by the time they realize that they wasted time, thats when bad things start to happen. I just feel bad because most dubs are just brainwashed and it just takes a question to really get them to open themselves to the reality of the wachtowers lies, deceit, etc.

Best of luck to you and your surgery. I'm gonna go and brush my teeth right now.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Kidding aside re: the bananas, my Father was one of those people who felt he didn't have to go to the dentist because the new kingdom was imminent. I assume his oral hygiene regimen wasn't the greatest. After 13 years and an absess so bad that he was finally forced to go to the dentist. Wish I had known about white oak bark back then we coulda tried it. Nevertheless, this started years of continual dental work due to his neglect, resulting in most of his teeth being root canaled or pulled.

Waiting on Jehovah's new kingdom so you no longer have to clean your teeth is a plan that will only result in losing every single tooth in your mouth. And probably very painfully.

• Joliette
    Joliette

Yeah my dad lost all of his teeth BTW I think it was mainly from stress.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I came home from the dentst after fillings in late 1974....I said to my then new wife "Well, that is the last time that I will ever have to go to the dentist! "

She said " I would not be so sure of that" ....(and she is still the active J W )....I did not go for several years, believing the end to be imminent. Eventually I had a tooth problem and went back and have had regular check ups ever since....

Commiserations with Cha Ching

• cha ching
    cha ching

thank you all for your commiserations and suggestions, I will consider them ALL! It's kind of nice to know one still has friends :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit