Whats the most damning of the July 15 2013 changes?

by Crazyguy 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I think a situation parallel to the one in 1995 will develop. I've put the question of the 1995 generation change to this forum, and the most common experience of 1995-inspired awakenings was that it took a few years for it to sink in. People were immediately put off by it as it smelled wrong and undermined what their lives were about, and then it bugged them for the next few years and kept eating away at them and by 2000 they left.

I'm expecting a similar thing to happen with this change. We probably won't see any definite effects of this doctrine for another 5 years or more.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The most damning....? It's all bad. The part where the GB admit to believing in the rapture is pretty damning. I am with Billy on this, I don't really care because it's wrong and it will change again. I skimmed the article in the hopes of finding points to share with my totally bamboozled family. One point that bothers me is this, HOW can there be a 1st century Governing Body ( according to the WTBTS ) that gives spiritual food at the proper time as commanded by Christ, yet THAT GB is not part of the FDS?! They should have dropped the whole 1st century GB teaching and likened those men to John the baptizer types, like CTR.

There is one particular paragraph that is extremely convoluted. In it the WTBTS just picks and chooses which part of the FDS is a prophecy, and which part of that " parablophecy " has more thatn one fulfillment. All this is done on a whim and you are to take their word for it.

Then we have Jesus closest 12 disciples, and others, I assume, feeding the sheep spiritually as commanded. Peter being specifically asked to feed Christ's sheep repeatedly. Yet they cannot part of the FDS either.

The whole thing is typical of the WTBTS's OCD problem. They HAVE to be right, always. Think about this.. Would it have been easier to say, " We were wrong when we said that the generation of 1914 will NOT pass away.", OR make up an " overlapping generation " teaching? They consistently choose to try and save face by making new teachings up. Just admit that you were wrong and move on! They are like the kid we all knew, who was never wrong and knew everything. You know..the one we all wanted to punch in the face....

Also, it doesn't make any sense, really. It's just that the old teaching was wrong as well. Everyone knew that regular " anointed " had no input at all in the printing of WT literature. So this " understanding " seems to make more sense.

The dubs will eat this up and love it. One Elder even said, " Well, really the details don't matter, and they can be refined. What matters is the Org is moving in the right direction, and we want to follow." REALLY??!! Then why persecute others for not agreeing with the details?!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I forgot about the rapture bit. I heard it during the memorial talk and thought, what the....? I was fading by then, and the memorial was my last meeting, but I think it might give 'in' jws pause.

So the current 8 will be raptured and they will be higher than even peter and paul et al because they weren't the fds? Such arrogance. Those 8 are twits.

• stillin
    stillin

Data-dog "Parablophecy"

i love it!

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Is there a summary of these changes? Can someone give me the nickle tour? Thanks!

• leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly
    Everyone knew that regular " anointed " had no input at all in the printing of WT literature. So this " understanding " seems to make more sense

I knew an anointed Brother that was constantly sending info back to Bethel. He was not a Bethelite. This change pulls the rug right out from under him. He no longer lives in the area that I do, so I wonder how he sees this. Hmm.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

@ Unconfused,

Here is a link to a review of the material: http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/new-light-watchtower-magazine-leaked-from-organization-weeks-ahead-of-general-release

• fakesmile
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

As a Witness who's still active, it's gotta be the claim that the Evil Slave is non-existent and is only a "hypothetical condition".

They credit a "scholar" with this description of Jesus' view of the evil slave.

Who is this "scholar"? None other than someone who would be described as part of apostate Christendom - he helped to produce The Net Bible.

So we rely on worldly sources to provide some of our "new light"????????? Oh, oh!!

• Indian Larry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit