Why didn't the angels already know that Jehovah should rule everything and not Satan

by sosoconfused 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

When I would go out in service and discuss the issue of "Universal Sovreignty" I always wondered why in the back of my mind why the angels needed to have proven to them that Jehovah was worthy of worship alone and not Satan. No doubt they would have known he was aall powerful. He created everything... and most importantly he was GOD. What more proof did they need besides the fact that he said so?

If you were to ask any kid on the street of talking age if GOD should be the ruler of the entire universe or Satan I can almost garauntee that 95% would probably say God. The explanation WTS gives never really brought me any comfort and sort of makes you angry when you think about it

• sir82
    sir82
    sort of makes you angry when you think about it

Well that right there is your problem.

You're not supposed to think about it. Just accept it.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Jehover was not worthy of his task, and so the angels were not equal to there task and had to discover satan was not worthy of his task.

I think think explains it SOCONFUSED....because thats as unconfusing as it gets. Unless any posters can confuse us more?

• St George of England
    St George of England

Don't forget that Satan was one of God's sons.

He left and took lots of his brother angels with him; they all became apostates.

If that happened to an elder today, he wouldn't remain an elder for long. If he can't control his own family......

George

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

its almost funny yet so so sad that a grown man or woman with any thinking ability never lets these things register. They are always in your mind, but get pushed to the back. So far back that you can make common sense just not matter anymore. Common sense becomes human or independent thinking which is evil and flawed so therefore its wrong.

I sometimes feel like punching myself in the face over the choices I made. The one positive aspect is if it wasnt for the WTS I would never have met my loving wife who has told me, "F*&k it - let's just not go anymore".

• sir82
    sir82

Ha! Good point.

I guess Jehovah doesn't qualify to be a JW elder, given that one of his sons turned apostate.

And he won't be re-appointed any time soon, because according to the book of Job, he still had regular conversations with that apostate son, and it wasn't "urgent family business".

Good one!

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Soconfused, you got me soconfused. You have a loving wife that said " fxcxk it lets just not go anymore" id say " wow go forth and mutiply" ...man with your wifes attitude celebrate and enjoy life and say "thank you very match W.T thank you very much Bible you have been great but i got a better life now"

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@new hope - I don't go anymore... We are on a drop dead fade. I have not been in months neither has she...

I just ignore their calls at this point and spend our evenings with the kids chillin smoking the occasional cigar and watching lifetime movies till like 2 in the morning.

I just still get mad over the amount of time I have waisted and this is often the best place to let that out LOL

• jam
    jam

I have thought about that also. What would cause children to

turn aganist ther father. You have a large family and 1/3 of your

kids turn against you. Why? What in the world would cause this.

An abusive father. But this OK in the minds of JW,s, justification for

their actions(shunning). I can,t imagine telling my father, dad I,m

taking over the family, you are doing a piss poor job.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Angels aren't that smart?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit