New on here

by Tony Stark 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Hey so i'm new on here. Just wanted to introduce myself. In my 20's and was rasied one, and very popular among the JW community. Now I live alone and have lost most friends and family for almost 2 years now since my df'ing. So wanted to check this out and meet new people.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Hi mate. If you want to Skype. PM me and we'll talk. Yup would be nice to meet a few xjw.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Welcome Tony, you come to the right place. A lot of good folks here and

very informative about the cult that you were df from. After checking out some

of the topics here you will realize that was the best thing for you, DF.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Tony Stark

Welcome. It is sad that you have lost friends and family. I hate the DF'ing policy. It's one of the many many reasons my family left the JW organization. They try and tell you its loving but that is BS.

Keep reading here, you will learn so much.

You are son young. You have your whole life in front of you. Make new friends and move on with your wonderful life.

There are some really kind people on this site and a lot of different experiences.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Tony.............. if you can give us a bit more of your story a real discussion will most likely start and this will be more helpful to you. Sometimes a person needs to have it be about them.

Gio

start

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Welcome iron man....er tony!
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Welcome!

SL

• Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    OK thanks. I was a childhood JW star I guess you could say, always on parts at assemblies and conventions. Baptized at 8, MS at 18, even served at bethel. So I was raised to not become friends with anyone "in the world." I never considered myself really spiritual though, like to have fun. I was reproved at 19 or 20 a few times for things involving an ex girlfriend and "overdrinking" another time. So my last girlfriend dumped me then 6 months later decided to go to the elders about stuff and here i am. i love people and got a house at 24, so was having parties every weekend and it was nice to have fun with so many friends. Now i go to work and come home and just watch tv. Eric at JW Struggle told me to check this site out. Looking forward to meeting new people and hopefully make new friends. I still go to meetings so that i am reinstated and can feel normal again, but my beliefs are different now as i've done a lot of research.
  • Tony Stark
    Tony Stark
    Haha yes, my name isn't really Tony Stark FYI lol
  • flipper
    flipper
    TONY - NIce to have you here , you are among friends who will be a support to you. I was DFed for about 4 years and even after being out 11 years I still experience shunning from some of my JW family. Hang in there guy, we care and understand

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit