When You Were A Little Kid, What Did Your Mother Say To Get You To Eat Your Vegetables?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

I hated peas. My mom would say, "The kids in China are starving. Eat your peas." I would just keep sitting there, it seemed like for hours, staring at those little green balls.

I still don't eat peas.

Just Lois

• Mum
    Mum

You make me feel really weird, Lois. I loved my vegetables, but I couldn't stand meat. I could eat pork and fish, but chicken and beef did not taste good at all to me. Once when I was in the hospital, I was forced to eat the meat on my plate by a hospital employee. I threw it up. She left me alone after that.

Once, again when in the hospital, we had brussels sprouts. I liked them, but none of the other kids did. So about 8 kids dumped their brussels sprouts on my plate. We all got yelled at.

• finally awake
    finally awake

my mom learned early to not try to make me eat anything I didn't want. I would vomit it right back at her if something didn't sit right. I didn't mean to be picky or difficult, but a lot of foods just didn't taste (to me) like anything a person would eat on purpose. I'm not at all picky any more though.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

We were incredibly poor. If you didn't want to be hungry, you ate your vegetables, the ones you helped plant, weed, pick, clean and can.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"or else"

• designs
    designs

It was Brussel-sprouts Lois.....oh gawd how or why did someone ever invent Brussel-sprouts. The trick was to cut them into the smallest pieces and submerge them in the mashed-potatoes with lots of gravy and butter, hold your nose, close your eyes and GULP.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Oh Thanks all you guys. You are making me laugh. lol

• Angharad
    Angharad

When our kids were little Simon told them that if they ate all their bussels sprouts it would make them fart alot - 10 minutes later clean plates and two expectant kids waiting for it to begin.

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

"You'll sit there until you eat them."

• wasblind
    wasblind

I was told If I didn't eat the carrots in my beef stew I would go blind

Nobody warned me 'bout the poison mushrooms from brooklyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit