GAME OF THRONES (Season 3)

by SophieG 33 Replies latest social entertainment

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I do know that no character is safe - so am expecting some serious ups and down....ooooh I get it tomorrow *can't wait - bounce*

• SophieG
    SophieG

Tammy: STAY AWAY FROM THE INTERNETS!!! LOL

Loubelle I can't wait for you to catch up!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, I couldn't resist posting on this thread, though I've not posted anything in quite awhile...

I've watched maybe 4 episodes of the show, but I read all the books already, and while I think the show is good, the books are way better. The show is a very good rendering of the books, but does deviate from them (as I understand they did quite a bit of even before the wedding scene). The show also has scenes that probably aren't in the books at all.

Then again, maybe it's just that the gruesome murders seem a lot worse when you actually watch them. Reading about a fictional person gagging on his own blood is a LOT different than seeing a graphic depiction of it on TV...

I just chose to read the books first, and then gradually watch the TV show. I raced through the books almost back-to-back, so at least that way I can no longer be spoiled by Internet people or stuff that happens on the show. I might read the books again sometime. It's interesting how much foreshadowing you miss the first time through.

I'd heard about Ned before I even started reading the books, but I was still shocked when I read the first book because I mistakenly thought that wasn't supposed to happen yet. But the good thing is, there are still characters I can root for. I mean, come on. Tyrion Lannister is my favorite--no, wait, it's Jon Snow, no wait, it's Daenerys Targaryen, no wait... Definitely Dany--Emilia Clarke is just exquisitely beautiful. And I like the character.

I'm rather surprised people were so shocked about this latest episode, after seeing what happened to Ned. And seeing how stupid [edited! spoilers!] could be at times (look who's talkin'). But that scene was a heck of a shock in the book, that's for sure. 'A Storm of Swords' was definitely the best in the series, but I enjoyed meeting new characters in 'A Feast for Crows' and 'A Dance With Dragons', too. I wonder if they'll be able to keep high enough ratings on the show so that they'll get to all these other characters. Probably. Certainly this last episode has gotten major press.

--sd-7

• FrankWTower
    FrankWTower

I'm loving it. I used to think The Walking Dead was awesome, but now it's boring in comparison.

Since I don't have HBO, I watch it online. There's a site where you can check out every episode (tv-series . me).

The Red Wedding was brutal!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit