1914 must go... they have no choice now (at least it would seem)

by sosoconfused 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gayle
    Gayle

By getting rid of Russell they no doubt were able to distance themselves from all his crazy ramblings

And then,,, how many more years from now will they "distance" Rutherford "from all his crazy ramblings?"

• wasblind
    wasblind

The Reasoning from the Scriptures books backs up the notorious prophecy on the cover of this May 15, 1984 magazine

" Before the last members of the generation that was alive in 1914 will have passed off the scene, all the things foretold will occur, including the

"great tribulation " in which the present wicked world will end."______Reasoning book page 97

" What beliefs of Jehovah's witnesses set them apart as different from other religions?

(8) " some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world."____Reasoning book page 200

" The present wicked system of things, which extends worldwide , entered it's last days in 1914, and some of the generation alive then will also be on hand to witness its complete end in the " great tribulation."_____Reasoning book page 234

" ( The "generation " that was alive at the beginning of the fulfillment of the sign in 1914 is now well along in years . The time remaing must be very short. World conditions give every indication that this is the case. )"_____Reasoning from the Scriptures book page 239

LOL, And the WTS claim they got this reasoning " From the scriptures "

The sheep were taught to sell this bunk wit' conviction

#32 EXPRESS WITH CONVICTION

What you need to do ?

" Speak in a manner that shows you are fully convinced of the truthfulness and importance of what you are saying."____Theocratic Ministry school book page194

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The "overlap generation" is tied to 1914. The doctrinal idea of "overlap generation" is just stupid. Of course it will have to go. I expect 1914 to go away when they ditch "overlap generation."

When will they do this? I doubt it will be in my lifetime. But maybe it will be such a joke that they ditch it in a couple of years. I dunno.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

but there must be thinking people in those seats

The thinking people already have read (devoured) that issue.

The thinking people are already discussing it quietly among themselves.

The thinking people are here.

Doc

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Just like it was done with many dates before, its meaning will be played down first, and within a few years will be quietly abandoned altogether, overshadowed by something bigger and brighter. I think that process has started already a few years ago.

But, this being the internet age, they won't get away with it so easily as before.

Eden

• alfredjones100
    alfredjones100

the governing body will just do what it has done for many years.

first ,when the time is right, it will drop all mention of 1914 from all wt articals and assembly parts.

next, it will broaden out the meaning of 1914. for example it will evolve from an absolute year to a indefinate period of time.

finally, it will be new-lighted in the regular way.

the advantage that the governing body has now, is that 95% of the publishers either don't know about the past or don't care.

and its this last point thats got me shaking my head in disbelief. i've been in the truth all my life and now i'm nearly 55. and in this short time i've seen the average brother move from being a bible student, then to become watchtower student and now to end up being a nothing student. most are happy for someone else do the thinking for them. "oh, thats what we believe now, ok that cool"

actually, if they pulled the pin on 1914 right now, and new-lighted as say 1945 or something, i strongly doubt any would leave. and any who got upset would be told the classic lines of "wait on jehovah to fix it in his time", "think of it as a test of your loyalty" and the best one "were else would we go"

the governing body can say just about anything these days because the brothers have given up thinking and are just along for the ride.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I would love for a Jehovah's Witness to explain the difference between these qoutes:

Hananiah the false prophet stated : " This is what Jehovah of armies, the God of Israel has said, I will break the yoke of the King of Babylon within two full years." ____Jer 28:2

The WTS States: (8) "Some who saw the events of 1914 will also see the complete destruction of the present wicked world." _____Reasoning book page 200

AND

The WTS also States: " Thus what is taught is not from men but from Jehovah."_____Sept 15, 2010 WT para. 8 page 13

Could Hananiah have been spared by Noo Lite ?

• redvip2000
    redvip2000

" i've seen the average brother move from being a bible student, then to become watchtower student and now to end up being a nothing student"

Quite true. It continues to amaze me how current JW have no desire to study at all, but instead are complete drones, who simply enjoy and value the social aspects of being in the organization, regarless of what is actually taught.

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

They'll never get rid of 1914, they'll just dilute the significance attached to it.

What they are going to do is announce 'new light' that the symbolic giant 'tree' in the book of Daniel when it was unbanded as a stump in 1914 did not represent Jesus taking kingdom power at that time, rather it just represented the beginning of the growth of the kingdom in modern times. They will announce, sooner or later, that Jesus doesn't take up kingdom rule until the root-stock that was unbanded in 1914 is fully regrown into a majestic, heaven-high tree again which occurs at the end of the great tribulation. Just slide a few more things from 1914 into the great tribulation, like they have just done with their 'new light' about 1919....rather like sliding beads across on an eschatalogical abacus.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I think they will leave well alone, once they propose a new year instead of 1914 the game is up. They already just talk about it as a"given", offering no proof, and just as 1919 is swallowed by the JW's, kind of "I don't quite see how they get to this, but everybody else is accpeting it so I guess it must be right", so will 1914 continue to be.

The whole WT/JW teaching is a House of Cards, and so very very silly.

Silly Cult.

(If you say that out loud,please enunciate carefully, some may think you said something else).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit