1914 must go... they have no choice now (at least it would seem)

by sosoconfused 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I am sure this may have been discussed previously and if so just disregard this.

As a born-in 1914 is a date stamped into my head that is pretty much the foundation of our religious beliefs. Nearly everything that sets JW's apart from everyone is this date of 1914. Forget all the chronology that proves that Daniels prophecy and the 2520 years is incorrect - there is far worse damning evidence that makes this date useless and in error.

With the magazine that shines new light on the whole faithful slave thing - Charles Taze Russell is no longer a member of that faithful slave class that Jesus is using to feed his people./ By getting rid of Russell the no doubt were able to distance themselves from all his crazy ramblings and teachings that are appearing all over the internet. That is a good thing for them.

However the linchpin that holds the org together the 1914 doctrine that we are all so proud of and makes us think we have prophetic truth revealed only through us was brought to us by someone who not only wasn't a Jehovahs Witness but they were not even a part of the faithful and discreet slave class.

Would jesus have revealed this most sacred of prophecies to someone that wasn't part of the "slave class", yet all the prophecies that were issued by the self professed "slave class" have proven false. There will HAVE TO BE a number of people who will realize this...

Yesterday this was one of the main points that me and my father discussed after our episode discussed yesterday. It makes no sense to him - and he is a 70+ year old man whose mind is slipping

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Funny I havent heard 1914 discussed that much recently. I think they are realizing its a total load of crap based on Pyramidology.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I just can't wait for this latest new light to actually be studied at the hall and see what conversations are had over the course of that 2 to 4 week period. I am sure that I will probably be let down beyond belief - but there must be thinking people in those seats

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Twenty years ago the WT Society began to disconnect the date 1914 away from the understanding of "generation". I think 1914 will continue to be seen as a pivitol and historically important date in WT theology.

The current 1914 pickle they find themselves in is that the date 1914 is seen as the "end of the gentile times" - meaning the end of man made governments ruling without the intervention of God's heavenly kingdom. But, for 100 years now the governments/nations continue to manage the worlds affairs without divine judgement. That's rather odd...

When you begin to research the origins of these beliefs, the errors become brilliantly obvious. That's why C.T. Russell had to be demoted from the FDS. He is now being seen as filling the role as modern day John the Baptist - who announces the arrival of Jesus Christ.

So, Russell (John the Baptist) announces to the world the coming of the annointed Faithful and Discreet Slave (Jesus Christ). The FDS no longer exists as a class - all the annointed on earth - but has been reduced to the Governing Body (8 men) of Jehovah's Witnesses in New York.

Is that not a real twist of scripture??

• watson
    watson

I'm sure as time goes by, our understanding of the importance of 1914 will become clearer and clearer.

Think of it as driving down a country lane....off in the distance you can tell there's a building of some sort, and as you get closer an closer, it becomes clearer what it is. It's a Kingdom Hall!!

• sspo
    sspo

Eventually the GB will also scrap 1914 doctrine. They are not stupid, they also use google and they know they are wrong with the idiotic doctrine.

Somehow in due time they will find a way for "new light" to be revealed and try not to shock the rank and file too much.

They have been playing the game for 140 years...they are experts at it.

• wasblind
    wasblind

LIke 1975, they'll blame the sheep for this mess

• Comatose
    Comatose

If they scrapped 1914 then they would have no reason to be who they are. I feel very strongly they cannot scrap it. Just keep saying how close we must be, and discouraging critical thinking.

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    By getting rid of Russell the no doubt were able to distance themselves from all his crazy ramblings and teachings that are appearing all over the internet. That is a good thing for them.

Agreed. 100%
    I am certain the internet expose of CTR was part of the impetus for this shift

Would jesus have revealed this most sacred of prophecies to someone that wasn't part of the "slave class", yet all the prophecies that were issued by the self professed "slave class" have proven false. There will HAVE TO BE a number of people who will realize this...

as noted, CTR has been relegated to "john the baptist" status. This was very clever of the GB. The R&F will eat this up.
    Now that CTR was not providing "food at the proper time" the errors of his teachings can be dismissed away.The GB can lean on only those teachings he spoke of that the F&DS/GB has retained(no hellfire, trinity, immortality of the soul)
    This becomes the purpose of his "John the Bapitist" (JTB) role in proclaiming the true teachings of the F&DS to come.

1914 will continue to be the beginning of the last days BUT - the last days is being adjusted, redefined if you will just like they did with the generation, as of July 15, 2013 WT. The last days now consists of the time we are in now (the harvest) THEN the Great Tribulation (GT) THEN the period after is the judging of the sheep & the goats THEN the rapture of the remnant THEN Armageddon.

Between each of these events is an UNKNOWN period of time. Between all these temporal unkowns AND overlapping generations AND the dumping of all CTR's erronious and occultic references, the new F&DS/GB has paved the way for their rule by fiat on to eternity.

pretty clever I must say

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't know... If they can change whatever they want, whenever they want and the sheeple buy it, what's to stop them. They admitted that they " shelve " ideas at the annual meeting. That's where the current nu-light came from! It was an idea to break out someday and see how it goes!!

All they have to do is wait till some more people die off, maybe some GB members. They can kick Rutherford to the curb as well. He can be a John the Baptizer class, or whatever. The GB came into existence in the 70's and the GB is the FDS. In the meantime they can keep pumping out warm-fuzzy books and videos with the occasional beat-down and fear mongering.

If all goes well, they will be expanding into foreign fields where the real growth is. Places where there is no internet. Stop making the CD library, or just make it go back to 2000. They have already released a new information packet for areas of the world with no internet. It's a stripped down answer sheet about the Org's beliefs. It only contains the latest info...

" They have been playing the game for 140 years...they are experts at it. " I agree.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit