College Update

by noni1974 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Noni,

(Noni means grandma in Italian) I love to read stories like yours, real sucuss stories. Please do not be shy in sharing your feelings of sucess. It seems the only feelings that could be shared as a JW were complaining, poor me stories, unless of course you were talking of an assembly or service. Couldn't be happy about anything non-JW related.

I graduated in 1977 from HS. It was such a struggle with 1975 breathing down my neck all the time. I left in 1986 and started college almost right away. I'll never, ever regret obtaining my master's degree in social work and working in the psychiatric field for 18 years. I grew so much in college and from working in my field. Retired now 7 years and STILL not a day goes by that I do not give myself a pat on the back for leaving the JWs and learning what it means to feel normal via a college education.

They can take my relatives, friends, family, but they can never take away my education. No one can! And I am damn proud of it. You keep going Noni, never look back except to see how far you have come. Be PROUD!!!!!

• breakfast of champions
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew
    My mothers idea of home school involved me getting a full time job and paying rent.

YIKES! OH NONI, you deserve HUGE accolades for what you've accomplished! THATTA GIRL!!!!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Good for you Noni!!!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Noni1974...Oh, I am so happy for you. What good news to hear.

In my mind's eye I see a whole group of JWNer's at your graduation, cheering you and your great success.

Is your family supportive of your new life? None of my business, if you would rather not say.

Just Lois

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Good for you, doll, and the same to all the rest of you who are in school.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Congrats, Noni! I'm a non-traditional student also, although working on my bachelor's degree in creative writing. BTW, what school do you attend? I'm at Miami U. down in Oxford.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit