Subtle wording in today's study article (3/15/13 WT)

by leaving_quietly 40 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Jesus = Jah Saves or Jehovah is Salvation ... by calling on the name Jesus, one is calling on the name Jehovah

• wasblind
    wasblind

Callin' on Jesus should be good enough, But Jehovah's Witness don't think so

• BU2B
    BU2B

Thanks leaving quietly and Blondie for that. I didnt know others felt the same way as JWs.. I can only think they translated this way because, like the WT they have an anti trinity bias

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

For more consideration about Romans 10:13 and inserting the tetragram, see Narkissos post # 9600 on this thread.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

So all those people in China and India are goners.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

marked

• Penelope1
    Penelope1

Hi Heathen (lol)....In response to your post (6/2), which was a response to my post about "the great mountain" that gets hurled into the sea (Rev. 8:8; compare Jeremiah 51:25,26), that is definitely not what the Org. believes about itself! Check your Revelation Climax book if you still have one (pages 135-136, paragraphs 24-26).

The Org. states that this great, burning mountain represents the worldly governments that "make waves in the sea of mankind"; however, i believe it's the Organization itself--a counterfeit that claims to be the "visible part of God's Mountain-like organization". It is not only a fraud that "seems" or "appears" to be a genuine part of God's symbolic mountain (Isaiah 2:1-4), it is a foe and enemy because it acts as a decoy to attract and decieve the chosen ones (Matt. 24:24; 7: 13,14). Those that fall for it wind up commiting spirtual idolatry, i.e, "defiling themselves with women" (Rev. 14:4) by giving exclusive devotion to the Org., not Jah; they lose their crowns as a result (Revelation 3:11).

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I couldn’t help but think of the expression ‘Cooking The Books’ while reading this thread.

As some may know, ‘Cooking The Books’ is a buzzword describing fraudulent activities performed by corporations when they falsify their financial statements so as to make their net worth appear favorable to investors. It is an illegal practice!

WT has ‘Cooked The Books’ so to speak by putting Jehovah in the New Testament. And why have they inserted Jehovah in the New Testament? To deflect attention from the Lord Jesus Christ to Jehovah, which would in turn further the Jehovah's Witness doctrine. This, according to God’s Word, is a forbidden practice as the following scriptures show:

‘Do not go beyond the things that are written.’ (1Cor 4:6)

Every word that I am commanding YOU is what YOU should be careful to do. YOU must not add to it nor take away from it’ (Deut 12:32)

‘Every saying of God is refined…..Add nothing to his words, that he may not reprove you, and that you may not have to be proved a liar.’ (Prov 30:5,6)

‘However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.’ (Gal 1:8,9)

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Two thoughts come to mind on this:

1) Paul used the Septuagint where the word Kyrios would have appeared in Joel in his copy, so "LORD" was in his mind as he wrote, not Yahweh, so the WT's argument falls.

2) The WT's stance on the name "Jehovah" is in direct contradiction of the Scripture in Acts 4 where Peter "being filled with Holy Spirit" (v8), says in v 10 ".....that in the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene whom you impaled......" and vs 12 " ...there is no salvation in anyone else......there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved ". (Italics mine).

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

"First, we must proclaim that name to others, recognizing that only those who 'call on the name of Jehovah will be saved.' (Rom. 10:13)"

(Emphasis mine)

Rom 10:13 says: "For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.”" (Emphasis mine)

Looks like they had to change the scripture to make their edit work out. See where they changed the word "calls" to "call"?

This was because a ",.....recognizing those who "calls" (with an S) on the name of Jehovah will not be saved" does not flow gramatically now does it.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit