For believers, prayers requested

by StAnn 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• StAnn
    StAnn

My brother's stepson, Wesley Reier, accidentally overdosed on drugs. He is considered brain dead. His biological parents have decided to put him in a nursing home, where he will remain for the rest of his natural life. I beieve he is 26 years old.

His mom and my brother are die hard JWs. His dad is a die hard "apostate" who is notorious in this area.

This is a terrible tragedy and all prayers are appreciated.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i hope he wakes up and decides to make a change. i do not believe prayer makes a diff. sorry. if i prayed and he relapsed next week, would i be guilty for weak faith? good luck. he will change on his own or you can take matters into your own hand. pray until your lips fall off or open another internet window and find a counselling center. or whatever happens is gods will and you are a heathen for diagreeing with his will.

where was the prayer request when he was spiraling out of control? why reaction instead of proaction?

• RosePetal
    RosePetal

I am praying for Wesley and his family Anne, I have sent you a private message, please read.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Our prayers for strength and peace go with you and your family at this difficult time. Love, Fernando.

• Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

How awful for you and your family StAnn. I will pray for his recovery. Miracles do happen sometimes with prayer and it worth trying as it seems from what you say that the doctors can do no more. Although saying that perhaps the answer to the prayer would be in the form of a doctor. Anyhow if there is any more information about his condition you can add I will include that in the prayer as well.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh, Ann. Of course, prayers.

• screwproof
    screwproof

Prayers going up.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Aw, StAnn, I'm sorry to hear that.

I believe He's already taking care of Wesley.

Does he have any children or siblings?

I'm praying for those around him - including you.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Thank you for your comments and your prayers. No, Wesley doesn't have any children or a wife. He's holding up well off of life support so it appears he'll spend the rest of his life unconscious in a nursing home. It's a terrible emotional burden on my brother and sister-in-law.

Fakesmile, why do you assume we didn't try to get Wesley cleaned up before this happened? He'd clean up and then go back to the same old friends and get messed up all over again. This battle has been going on for awhile. And, yes, there have been plenty of prayers for him over the past few years.

• humbled
    humbled

One of my sons nearly died of a drug overdose a while back. Hospitalized and made it--went to prison for drugs later. Addictions are heartbreaking. He is clean at this time.....

I pray now for those involved. I think the helps we ask for need answers deeper than we can know. I believe that love is prayer. I pray that you all love one another well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit