Do you feel guilty?

by new hope and happiness 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• whathappened
    whathappened

Today, everyone has the same opportunity to learn ttatt, at least where there is Internet availability. My old JW friends have all heard the rumors that I am an "apostate.". They do not seek me out, no calls, letters or visits. They are on their own. I have taught ttatt to everyone I really care about.

• sspo
    sspo

JW's are intelligent people and if they stop and just "meditate" on the doctrines and use common sense they will come to the conclusion

that the watchtower is just another religion . Just another interpretation of the bible .

Don't feel sorry for any of them. The bible says to "make sure of all things' and "prove to yourself the good and acceptable will of God"

Most don't do that!

• *lost*
    *lost*

I love this, thank you. It reminds us of the 'human element'... it's so easy to get wound up with it all sometimes, we just forget.

I wonder if we were programmed into a 'feeling guilty' mode.... bizzare really.

I also wonder if it is something to do with our personality traits, are we somehow susceptable to this easy programming due to

our genetics ?

Or our upbringing?

Deep thoughts lately. Deep thoughts, lots of questions, lots of emotions.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Not guilty, but I feel sorry for the many good people who are victims of this religion. There is not much someone who learns TTATT can do to help others learn, because the WT indoctrination has taught them to quickly reject ideas that contradict or are critical of the WT.

I have older relatives who put off having children back in the 70's because the new system was imminent. It is better to leave them live in the delusion of a "new system", because the reality would be to cruel. They have wasted their life believing in a lie.

• zeb
    zeb

Dear NH & H,

No I dont feal guilty of this.

I had an occasion where I nearly died and in that experience i realized we are not husbands,JW, programmers, architects or any other thing in this life. we are being on our own journey and as death comes to usd all that /those things are left as part of our journey.

I have discovered this site and new people in mysearch for information coming on the back of the abuse of family members thus I have made my decision and I cant make any such for anyone else. Thats a bit like being a jw again.

Peace hugs.

zeb

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Never felt any guilt leaving a LIE!!!!!!!. Family has all left us, that is thier choice not ours. With over 40 + years in the borg, not any close relationships.

The greatest thing I took away from this JW religion is my wife. She's a great person and a great companion and compliment. My daughter is also a super fantastic person also.

BUT NO GUILT!!!

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

Thanks again for everybodys different perspectives. It seems to me any guilt we feel is clearly a question of attitude.

Has my attitude changed having read your comments? Well my leaving the Watchtower with its customs is perceived as evil by the congregation and giving a victory to Satan. So where have my so called friends been? Its true i ve been contacted by the elders but i sence that they are displeased with me and i thought it wise not to answer their questions.

Maybe my friends trapped live not by faith but hope. That hope may be for good reason. And with out that hope there is nothing nor reason to live. Maybe my stategy of keeping quite was sensible i am through with teaching and will simply live in my happy present state if i can.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

No, I don't feel guilty.

Firstly, as was mentioned, it's a lie. I don't feel guilty about not believing in Santa Claus anymore either.

Secondly, people that go to the KH are getting something out of it... having some need met. This is nothing to do with me.

Thirdly, Edit: [...]

/evil laughter

• StAnn
    StAnn

No guilt. I have a husband, children, and a faith that I couldn't have had if I had remained a JW. My family made their choice and I've made mine. No one is holding a gun to their heads.

Besides, I believe my siblings stay in because they're afraid Mommy will cut them out of the will if they defect, bottom feeders that they are.

I've joked that, out of six siblings, I'm the only one of my parents' offspring that survived our childhood with the crazy old coots.

I'm so grateful to be out and have a normal life that I don't have time to feel guilty. If I could choose to leave, so can they. They face fewer obstacles than I faced when I left. I was the trailblazer.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Just a thought New Hope, guilt is a symptom of depression. Maybe you of feeling a little depressed because of losing your faith? It could be leaving your friends behind in the borg as you say but just watch out for guilt feelings. In depression the guilt comes first, it is a result of brain chemicals being out of balance, often caused by extreme stress. Then we look for a reason for the guilt. Just a thought....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit