just got an email from a jw friend

by outofthelionsden 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good response outofthelionsden You were kind and caring but firm about your choice.....who knows maybe she'll get curious. Gio

• outofthelionsden
    outofthelionsden

thanks giordano ! thats what i was doing for , now its up to her...

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Next Action: Delete.

^ I agree with Comatose, remember it is an option.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

outofthelionsden-I think that is an excellent response. At this stage,I probably wouldn't have responded at all. I guess it all depends on how close you were to the person.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Emery "The organization requires transparency out of it's members, yet they do not provide the same in return."

That does hit the nail on the head.

We, the "uninspired," the "un-annointed" the "rank and file," the "other sheep" the "non-slaves"

must always, are always required to... live up to a higher standard than the GB.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi outofthelionsden, I'm sorry that you may be losing relationships with conditional JW friends because of the WTBTS's teachings.

Since she already knows that you are not a JW, you may as well admit to not following the WTBTS, that you do not plan to return to the WTBTS in the future, it is her choice to shun you/not contact you in the future, and that you love her unconditionally. How would the following sound to your friend?

Thank you for writing to me. How are you doing? I really enjoyed hearing from you.

(If you still believe in God and that Jesus Christ is God's mediator to humans, write the following paragraph:)

I left the hypocrisy of the Watchtower's teachings to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ as written in the Bible with help from the Holy Spirit. It was a difficult choice to follow Christ's teachings in the Bible, instead of following the Watchtower's teachings and the possibility of being shunned by JW family and friends.

(If you do not believe in God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit, write the following paragraph)

I left the Watchtower because of the hypocrisy of the Watchtower's teachings that promote strictly shunning former JW's just because former JWs no longer believe that the Watchtower has the "Truth" and that the Watchtower does not do more to protect JW children from molestation and abuse by JW's. It was a difficult choice to stop being a hypocrite, or continue to be a hypocrite and follow the Watchtower's teachings with the possibility of being shunned by JW friends and family.

If you choose to shun me or do not contact me in the future, it is your choice. I choose to always show you unconditional love and I will always be there for you. We do not have to talk about religious beliefs, because I always enjoyed talking with you about (insert what you enjoyed talking about with your friend).

Unconditional Love (or Regards),

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cha ching
    cha ching

I copied your info, outsmartthesystem, thank you.

My experience with "friends"? People I have known 40 years?

They get shaky and afraid, their voice trembles. I am only telling them simple things, asking questions like:

"I went on a Bible Study, "taught them about Sodom & Gomorrah having the hope of a resurrection, not being able to answer them scripturally and being embarrassed," then a month (?) later, it changes. I have to go back and say, "uh.... hmmm... it changed..." "you were right, and the GB, the enlightening men were wrong"

So when I told a friend how I felt about this, and then said "If Jesus is giving us light, then it is like turning it off and on, not getting brighter" (no resurrection, , resurrection, no resurrection) That is not the light getting brighter... It is off on, off on... She trembled, was afraid, said, "Go talk to an elder." I thought she was a reasonable, smart person.

One friend, after I said "I don't know what is going on, I think they are going to do the same thing as they did in the 19th century, change history, say they didn't believe in things that they use to... That 1914 had to change, and the 607 article proves it"

Next time I called her? "Is Kelly there?" "Oh, there is no Kelly who lives here"

Gone.

• Fernando
    Fernando

One of my personal favourites:

"It may not be wise to judge another's faith in "the truth of the good news" if one is unfamiliar with the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms."

(More than half the NWT's roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul!)

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

OutOfTheLionsDen: I haven't read all of the posts here yet, but I went back and reviewed your introductory post of 2 weeks ago where you say that you are in a successful fade and NOT DFd or DAd.

REMEMBER!!! If you put your new convictions about WTS in writing (text or email) it may be used against you to DA/DF you.

If you do not want to be DF, you might reply that you HAVE NOT LEFT JEHOVAH!! Where on earth did they hear that??

Yeah, it's deceitful, but so are they.

Doc

• whathappened
    whathappened

Desirous od change is correct. You could ruin your peaceful stress free fade. Respond vaguely, do not write anything that could be used against you in an apostasy hearing in the back room of the local kingdom hall.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit