Do Animals Have Souls?

by Cold Steel 165 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
  • Seraphim23
    Seraphim23

This is because Einstein was classical is his view of physics and why he hated the idea that quantum mechanics had non deterministic elements. This is why he said `God doesn’t play dice`, however the Copenhagen interpretation being the most common interpretation of quantum phenomena among scientists today, suggests something else. It is interesting because non deterministic elements are exactly what you need in a universe however, if one is to have the possibility of choice and choice needs some kind of consciousness and consciousness is what many believe is the key ingredient of a soul.

• new22day
    new22day

Ugh! Since you had to bring up Einstein...

Einstein rejected the label atheist. Einstein stated: "I have repeatedly said that in my opinion the idea of a personal God is a childlike one. You may call me an agnostic, but I do not share the crusading spirit of the professional atheist whose fervor is mostly due to a painful act of liberation from the fetters of religious indoctrination received in youth. I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." [ 1 ] According to Prince Hubertus , Einstein said, "In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views." [ 18 ]

• prologos
    prologos

cofty:

Einstein, replying, when asked about the immrtal human (never mind animal) soul:

" ach was "

roughly meaning: " come on" a question beyond being recognized as worthy of answering.

• cofty
    cofty

I made no claims about Einstein's view of god. I provided a quote regarding his opinion of the soul.

Why do some people always respond to things that nobody actually said?

• new22day
    new22day

Cofty: It's too bad you don't seem to consider other's points (i.e. think about what others with different perspectives bring to a discussion) before you dismiss them. Who knows, if you do you might even learn something. LOL

Einstein's view of God/Atheism was not the point of my post. I hoped you might notice his attitude about humility and how a great mind like himself, recognizes the limits of our intellectual understanding.

"I prefer an attitude of humility corresponding to the weakness of our intellectual understanding of nature and of our own being." Einstein.

Sigh - Have a great day dude.

• *lost*
    *lost*

new22day

• cofty
    cofty

newday. I take claims of knowledge very seriously and listen carefully for anything original. When people just keep recycling the same old tired anecdotes its difficult not sound dismissive.

If there is any evidence for a spirit world that you are aware of please share it.

I dont want to be wrong any longer than necessary.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have waited with anticipation too cofty...no matter how much I have researched this...I have yet to find any evidence myself. But...I am open to getting some if anyone would like to point me in the right direction.

• tec
    tec

Christ is the right direction... but pointing to Him is the only thing that anyone else can do.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit