Silly TV Programs From The 1960s to the 1970s

by minimus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Flying Nun

Sally Field

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Love Boat, followed by Fantasy Island on Friday Nights. Was the highlight of our week.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Car 54 where are you?

Hart to Hart ("JONATHAN WATCH OUT!!!!")

The Mod Squad, Hullabaloo, Get Christy Love ,

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Jetsons

Jetsons

and their Stone Age counter parts, The Flinstones:

• poppers
    poppers

So many of the shows mentioned here are on Me TV. Just a side note: Gomer Pyle USMC was the last TV program I watched as a civilian in 1970, just before boarding the bus at the Minneapolis MEPS (it was called something different back in 1970 but I can remember what) go to Marine Corps boot camp in San Diego.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

F Troop

F Troop

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Wow, there sure were a lot of silly/stupid tv shows in the 60's!!!

I'm sure I missed a few

• minimus
    minimus

Excellent choices....the Munsters was one of the funniest shows! And Car 54 was soooo silly.

i loved Candid Camera.

• Think About It
    Think About It

One of the greatest sitcoms of all time.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I thought the Man From U.N.C.L.E. was so sophisticated. My crush on David McCallum was huge. I walked around with a photo of his eye in my wallet. When the Girl from U.N.C.L.E. was broadcast, I liked Noel Harrison. NCIS made a reference to "Illya Kuryakin" last year. Gibbs smiled and said Ducky looked like "illya kuryakin." He beamed. No one knew who or what Illya Kuryakin was.

An American and Russia working together. Big stuff during the Cold War.

I always adored I Love Lucy. Now I see re-runs. They are fun. When they show Ricky treating Lucy as though she was his young (preschool) daughter, I want to rip Lucille Ball and Desi Arnex to shreds. This presents logistic problems. I rushed to turn the Tv off when they show Ricky spanking Lucy.

Bonanza was another favorite that did not hold up with time. I enjoy watching High Chaparall. When it aired, I could not stand Gunsmoke. Now I truly enjoy it.

Everyone watched TV together back then. I had about 3-5 minutes with some rock or fok group. I don't think those years were golden compared to now. We had common references, though.

Star Trek is amazing. It first aired when I was in junior high school Every place I travel to people know Star Trek and know it well. I guess I've seen tens of thousands of episodes over the years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit