Silly TV Programs From The 1960s to the 1970s

by minimus 112 Replies latest jw friends

• Incognito
    Incognito

New hope:

Benny Hill was shown here in Canada and I loved that show although it became too repetitive and predictable. Monte Python was also regularly broadcast as was "On The Buses".

I recall that "Steptoe and Son" was remade in the US as "Sanford and Son".

Some of the other shows you list may also have been Americanised and retitled. Although not fitting the 60s or 70s criteria, a US version of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" was made but I've also seen a version from the UK but I don't know where the show originated.

Looking at the names you list, I suspect "H. R. Puff 'N Stuff" was probably a remake of the puff name you mention.

• minimus
    minimus

I found METV on my cable and have been watching The Lone Ranger and other westerns.

I loved how the punched and shot at people! LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

About the Beverly Hillbillies, it worked for awhile, but someone would have figured out that the music in the walls was a doorbell, that a television was not a window to some other side of reality, that movie stars were just pretending and movie sets were fake. It was silly when it was black-and-white, but by the time it was in color, it had all been done and they just kept repeating by leaving these simple folks in ignorance.

But as a kid, I just kept laughing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit