Do You TRUST The Police, The Government, People In General?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I can only cope with certain situations by smiling and playing my version of step'n'fetch it while I ponder what I will do to them the next business day. Years ago I witnessed a very scary situation in the main street that runs through Greenwich Village and the East Village in NY. Four or five Hare Kirshnas intersected with some bikers who had big Rotweillers in heavy chains. Most of the time this collision of worlds in NY provides entertainment. I think that I was the only way with a vantage point who saw the whole scene. The bikers released his dogs and ordered them to attack the Hare Krishna. There were Rotweillers loose. They were so eager to bite ferociously. Since I was across the street, I pulled my companion into a store and locked the door. I told everyone not to dare go out.

The Rotweillers decided not to attack the Hare Krishnas. Instead, they turned on their owner/abuser. The biker was attacked. There was a long struggle to get control. The dogs lost. Poor dogs.

I telephoned the police and gave them details from the store's phone. The police responded almost immediately. I went on my way. When I returned from my errand, I saw the biker walking around my neighborhood. I found police officers and said I was taking badge numbers and names to report it to the Police Commissioner. They were looking for me and could not find me. Local street people who witnessed the almost attack up close assured me they were not local Hell's Angels. I went to the precinct to witness the arrest and sign some complaint papers. A young officer helped me. Next, a seargent screamed at me at the top of his lungs for more than 45 minutes. It felt unsafe to leave. I just wanted to skulk out. There was an over the top Jesus in the Garden of Gethsamane calendar on the wall. I focused on Jesus Christ. Every so often I would calmly (not really) ask him if he were aware that I was a lawyer with a large firm. Yes. Was he aware that I testified before the Civilian Review Board one time. No, but now Yes. I kept looking at my watch to document the abuse time. He did not want me to sign the complaint b/c he did not want to process the prisoner. Finally, he let me leave. The next a.m. I open my door and grab the New York Times. The seargant was the leader of a massive riot in the East Village, one of the absolute worst of all time. Professional videographers were prepared as the cops rioted in a park. Close ups of police faces with covered duct taped badges were released to the media.

I wrote to the Police Commissioner. An assistant comissioner telephoned me. I think they thought they could talk me down b/c I praised the regular police work. He more than agreed with me. In fact, he said that the NYPD had gone way downhill during my school and carreer years. The best police come from combat duty soldiers. When the Viet Nam war ended, their supply of fresh cops was exhaused. The sergeant was middle age so I guessed he was at least a twenty year veteran. He served for only two years. Every newspaper and newstation wanted his scalp.

So I sat, totally determined that Rotweillers are not going to roam and attack innocent people where I reside and totally the young JW at KH. Sometimes I think of the Star Trek epsiode with the dog with the unicorn coming out of its forehead. The one where the dog/unicorn is split into two different personalities by the transporter beam. Spock tells Kirk he can use his reason..............

• minimus
    minimus

Interesting account.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

While I was at Columbia, students found it hard to keep the spirit of .68 alive. We were proud that we were the first Ivy to close down. The Sorbonne also closed around the same time. One day when there were no finals or papers due warm weather turned out a large crowd that lingered outside. There was no BIG Viet Nam news. No one knew why but the president of the university emerged from the main building with security guards with helmets. People became angry at the show of force. We felt the faculty and dean were on our side. The president seemed to be the symbol of the military-industrial complex and all the ugly grad schools helping the war. There was some hissing. The crowd out for dates turned into a protest.

I was hoping I would meet a nice man. Someone who was definitely not a student threw a large rock at the black security guards. It made a crashing noise off the metal helmet. Everyone winced. We were upset and worried that the guard was hurt. The guards roughed some peope up and retreated. Next, a student acting as Paul Revere, screamed that the NY riot police were coming. There was a crush. I was thrown to the ground. It took a while to catch my breath. When I turned to look back at the main bldg, the most peaceful students were being beaten by the riot police. If I live to 1,000, I will never forget the chaos and violence. No one prepared for civil disobedience. The regular police never set foot on campus.

There was a retreat to the women's college. Women offered to give sanctuary to any male student. I was crying so hard but I saw the administration and several faculty members waiting for us to cross the street. I kept yelling that they would not believe me but I told them what I witnessed with my own eyes. They said that they believed me. It was not new to them. The most peaceful students were beat to a pulp.

I testified against the riot police at special hearings by the agency that reviews police actions and decides matters. No one I knew ever found out what really happened that day. Many people in professions today comment that the non student who threw the rock was probaly in the Red Squad, a police provocation unit. It was always rumored to exist by the Left. Freedom of INformation act requests later proved that it existed. Its actions were rarely lawful.

• minimus
    minimus

Band you were/are a rebel.

• chapstick
    chapstick

The world is a business, pure and simple. It's ALL about the accumilation of power by means of the crooked monetary system It is controlled by a very small group of waelthy bankers and financerers who report to a very wealthy elitist oligarchy. This oligarchy numbers around one to two thousand individuals and they themselves have a very few of their own members who actully make the major decisions. Examples are the British queen, heavy weight Zionists like Henry Kissinger and Richard Pearl as well as UN leaders like Maurice Strong. It is nothing but a world wide ponzi scheme that has operated for centuries and really come into its own during the last 100 years. It's run by a world wide mafia of Royal familys, polititions and men in business suits with big smiles on their faces with a continual stream of lies eminating from their mouths. Their ultimate goal is 1: The accumilation of as much or all of the worlds wealth as possible. 2: A rigid, centralised control system (controlled by them) over the entire planet. 3: The elimination of 80% of the worlds population through war, geneticly engineered food, poison in our drinking water (flouride etc.), heavy metals sprayed from the air, contaminated vaccinations, encouraging genocide by inflaming religious differences and starvation by means of collapsing the world economy. The population agenda and centralized world control are actually admitted publicly by them. For example look up the British royal family position on world population and they admit to wanting an 80% reduction in human population within one to two generations. This cannot be accomplished naturally, it will take genocide. They've done it in the past through colonialism but now they have the technical means and enough ignorant mercinaries and followers to to carry it out. Nazism didn't die, it just put on a new face...

Trust Me

• wasblind
    wasblind

I can only cope with certain situations by smiling and playing my version of step'n'fetch it while I ponder what I will do to them the next business day.____BOTR

I doubt a Black man drivin' a Lexus is prone to act like Step -N fetch it

But it is good cause for a racist cop to pull him over

Trust , My ol' man don't tap for no one

No matter what the policeman tried to instigate . We didn't play along

• 5go
    5go

Yes to a point I do until they give me a reason to cease trusting them.

If you don't trust them to a degree than think about can you function. I mean you wouldn't be able to give out your credit card or buy anything for that matter. Also you would be able to get any help what so ever because the help can't be trusted.

• *lost*
    *lost*

chapstick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit