Do You TRUST The Police, The Government, People In General?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Watkins
    Watkins

"skeptical optimist", yeah, I like that! The older I get, the less I automatically trust anyone. People are different... I'd trust one with a secret that I couldn't trust with anyone else... and I'd trust another with my money which I wouldn't entrust with anyone else... there are different types of trust.

Do I trust that the government has my best interests at heart? No. My experience has taught me that they don't care about the 'little people' who pay their salary.

Do I trust the police to protect me? There would be instances where I would, and instances where I wouldn't - they take their orders from the government, after all.

Lawyers? um, from my experience, no.

Doctors? Some seem to work for the pharmaceuticals they sell, so I'm in the process of selecting a homeopathic doctor... he might work for the supplements he sells, we'll see. There are a LOT of doctors, so most people must shop around for one they trust.

ANY of my hubby's friends? Again, from experience, NO. lol

Do I trust people in general? Yes - unless they've proven untrustworthy in the past. Experience is everything. And this isn't the same world I grew up in where we automatically gave someone the benefit of the doubt. So many things have changed that make it a pretty unpredictable life.

Clergy? Trust them with what, confessions of the soul? Nah. Maybe our ordeal with tatt has made us more skeptical, but I can't see that as a bad thing AT ALL.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I was taught to respect those in authority, But trust had to be earned

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I used to trust people, but now I don't trust anyone. That includes the government and police.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I trust the individual workers a great deal. After 9/11, how could I not. Indeed, they saved my life or prevented serious bodily harm many times in NY.

There is no way I can trust authority in general b/c of my Witness upbringing. My mom could not salute the flag. Her mother would kill. In fact, my mom was trained to give witness speeches to the Gestapo during WWII. They were coming down the street any minute and my gm wanted her prepared. She could not fail. When she told me about the persecution, her eyes were different. She was traumatized from dealing with the FBI and right wing Catholics. It is hard to trust authority when you are any minority.

College trained to be even more skeptical. Law school brainwashed me to into being part of the Establishment on a huge scale. There is a strange mix of Woody Allen in me, plus respect for govt than I did not have as a Witness.

I could be a politician or a proseuctor. It changed my perspective from being a total victim.

Part of me feels that normal rules do not necessarily apply to me and another part is radical.

• Giordano
    Giordano

The people I know in my town , especially close friends and those I've volunteered with.......... I trust a great deal.

I trust a large part of the operational aspects of the government. I've never missed a Social Security payment and I am very satisfied with my medicare to date. And I trust our libraries.

Politicans? Not so much. Our Virginia state politics is controlled by a nasty bunch of Republicans............ very low guality people.

The Police? I do trust them. They showed up when I needed them......... the tickets I've gotten .......about one every fifteen years were justified....I was speeding. I trust the Fire Department to do their job.

I do not trust religions especially the WTBTS

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We are taught, as children to trust the police,

My dad taught me to trust our lawyer.

Tell the cops nothing!

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

Band On The Run, that explains it all...lol

• designs
    designs

Measure twice cut once

• minimus
    minimus

???

• wasblind
    wasblind

Measure twice cut once_____Designs

The best advice ever

When it comes to authority, To acknowledge such can deter a bad situation ( Stop by police , IRS, etc......)

doesn't mean you have to trust them

As for the bad apples in the position of authority , No respect what so ever will stop thier agenda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit