This is the way it should work.

by seven006 22 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Amazing,

Thank you for your kind words. There is an old Zen saying, "a journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step." We as exJW's have had our life's journey detoured and that detour has sent many of us in different directions. Our personal first steps have had to start over and over again in attempts to try and get headed in the right direction. I strive to keep the one common thread that holds us together in mind when posting on this board. It is hard to do at times but it is well worth the effort.

When an apologia is offered on this board it seems to open the hearts AND minds of many people. The key is the first act of unselfishness and the tucking away of ones pride to make that first step. I see this as a powerful tool. Saying "I'm sorry" to some, is seen as a sign of personal weakness and gives them a false sense of being superior by not looking as if they had done something wrong. I see saying I'm sorry as a towering strength. How can someone with any intelligence or love for his fell human not accept a sincere apologia? I guess we are all at different levels of self awareness. That's life.

Moe,

You are such a goof, I don't know about the ladies man thing, maybe a few years ago, I have learned my lesson on that one. Now I'm just a Dave, that's hard enough on it's own.

Big hug ya little vixen.

Skipper,

It's good to see your post. You, out of all those who have moved on to Kent's board are the one I miss the most. I will always consider you a good friend and I miss you input here. It would be great if there was a constant flow between the two boards, ... maybe someday. Tell Kent and the gang I said hi and that I may pop in for a visit someday.

Your posting of the watchtower article makes me shutter. The JW cult leaders are so extremely insecure with their pustule religion they have to continually make us look like what they hope we will be. Unfortunately their complete grasp of their followers minds allows them to continue. They are such cowards.

Thanks Skipper,

Angharad,

You and Simon are a great example of a relationship that is very complete. You continue to complement each other in an inspirational manner.

Thanks for your kind words.

Xena,

I don't recall ever calling you personally dysfunctional, I meant what I said in the thread you are getting this from as an over all statement in regard to all exJW women. Then you guys kicked my butt and made me realize I was just being stupid. I said I might me a little biased based on my past and "final relationship" with an exJW woman.

I would never call you personally dysfunctional,... crazy, but not dysfunctional.

Hint: don't ever take me too serious, I don't.

Take care all,

Dave

• flower
    flower

Good post. I agree with the way this was handled..the way it should be.

If more of us can swallow our pride and focus on the big picture in regard to this board we will all get along a lot better.
    I agree completely. However, I think that there have been at least several other instances in recent months of others here handling disputes the same way. I for one am such a screw up I feel like I'm apologizing every time I turn around.

But its good to bring it out to the open, maybe more people will follow this pattern.

flower

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Dave, I've called and spoken to President Bush. He says to get ready because he is sending you to the Middle East.

• Xena
    Xena

LOL Dave I was just yanking your chain....that is why I put the ...

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Dave,

I'm knew here and right at the beginning I felt the little

insecurites of some surface. Life is a road in which we are always

learning and bettering ourselves. What a great thing it is when we

can forgive ourselves and others, and just accept each other for who

we are and what we believe. We all have the right to live our life

the best way we can. For someone to apologize with a truly open

heart is an admirable quality to have...may we all learn from this,

and continue to be a net for which we can fall on.

• seven006
    seven006

Flower,

Thanks, when Mark said what he said, it helped lighten the climate around here a bit. It was a very good thing. Keeping the peace in this place is a hard, considering how crazy we all are.

Dutchie,

Do they have pizza there? I like pizza. Do they have cable? Is it any where near Wyoming? I've always wanted to go to Wyoming. Who's president Bush, I thought he quite when that guy who looks like W.C. Fields but only a little thinner took over. I don't keep up with the news I guess, I also hate politics.

Xena,

I always miss those little smiley face things. I don't have the code book to decipher what they all mean.
    I am Internet smiley face icon illiterate. I know you hate me, don't hide it. I can take it. I'm old, I can live with that. All you younger genX chicky babes just don't understand us old guys. That's OK, we don't understand ourselves either.

big hug crazy lady.

Diamond,

Your new here, run away as fast as you can before this place sucks you in and your brain turns to goo like Andi's. She was a nice girl once, now she dreams of keyboards and Instant messages all the time. It's really sad to see good people go bad. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Not to mention the radiation that emits from your monitor that is slowly turning us all into aliens!

The Internet is like that movie, "Invasion of the body snatchers" except it snatches our minds. Look at Farkel, he's a code writer, he sits in front of a computer all day, his mind went back to the mother ship years ago. It's just too bad his body didn't go with it. I think I'm going to go watch some healthy TV.

Take care,

Dave

• Xena
    Xena

ROFL Dave I am probably a lot closer to your age then you think...and than I would ever care to admit <-----see the BIG SMILE DAVE!

• Farkel
    Farkel

: When you aren't drooling or calling Farkel "Diaper Breath" or trying to flirt with Venice,

He's too busy picking out boogers, that's why.

Farkel

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Your new here, run away as fast as you can before this place sucks you in and your brain turns to goo like Andi's. She was a nice girl once, now she dreams of keyboards and Instant messages all the time. It's really sad to see good people go bad. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Not to mention the radiation that emits from your monitor that is slowly turning us all into aliens!

Dave,

At least when I dream of keyboards and Instant Messages I'm dreaming about them with your face on them! Or your hands on them. Or your hands on...nevermind. I forget I better not joke with an old booger picking fart like you! So there.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Nice post Dave, but it's no supprise.

It sure is a nice place to hang out when we all get along.

No matter how thin you slice it there are always two sides

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit