Jesus: The latest Myth in the history of Sun-God Myths

by VivaVegas 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Much of this has been debunked thoroughly. Search the posts by a scholar who used to post here a lot called Leolaia to see.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

It's a little more complex than that.

You see, what is in the physical world reflects what is in the heavenly realm. Jesus was once married to Satan and so, indeed, the Sun in the Bible is identified with Christ and the Moon with Satan. Satan, christ's former wife, is being replaced by the "church" and so Christ's new Bride takes the place of Satan and thus is now repesented by the beautiful moon.

So paganism simply loosely reflects the spiritual or heavenly identities of Christ and Satan in heavne. So when you say Christ is the "sun god" because of the similarities, the Bible doesn't disagree with you. But the pagan concepts are not the origin of the Christian concepts, they are parallel and just have a common origin.

That Satan is female via some concepts shows up in Christian artwork but not Christian dogma:

http://jewishchristianlit.com/Topics/Lilith/aNePics.html

• Tater-T
  • mP
    mP

You can forget about Zeitgiest, the problem is just the dates of holidays show that early christians equated Jesus and god with the seasons.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At least Horus doesn't demand that we live a holier than thou lifestyle. Nor does Horus have a religion that compares to the Law of St Benedict, trying to impose it on the whole world.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Parakeet: Do you know how to tell when a jest falls flat?

When nobody laughs.

Better work on those jesting skills.

I laughed. But then, I'm nobody.

Tiktaalik: “Agree with Parakeet on this JT. Worst jest ever.

At least I'm the best at being the worst.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Not that I am a fan in any sense but I found this link interesting...

http://www.jonsorensen.net/2012/10/25/horus-manure-debunking-the-jesushorus-connection/

• chapstick
    chapstick

A man named Yeshua ben Yoseph was crucified around the year 30 AD by the Romans for throwing the money changers out of the the temple. From what little actual history we have he was an intelligent, wise and caring man who detested the treatment of his fellow man by the ruling authorities and religious despots of the day, especially the ultra religious Jews. The story was later twisted by the Roman church and included in the current Bible. Was he GOD? EVERYTHING in existence is a part of GOD or the source. He was indeed the son of GOD, just as we all are sons and daughters of GOD. He has been depicted as still hanging on that cross for over 2000 years. It seems to me that it's time people realized that one man can never absolve or carry all of the sins of the world on his shoulders. He has been used as a scapegoat for every conceivabe atrocity throughout history, including our own individual failings. He never requested or demanded that a religion be set up in his name. I do believe in an afterlife. That said I feel that the spirit of that man Yeshua has probably had more than enough of seeing himself depicted still hanging on that cross and being expected to save everyone on this planet. It is a sick and twisted custom and turns the memory of that man and the excruciating torture he went through despicable. In actuality Jesus = Jes-us or Jesus is US. There are lots of secrets hidden in the English lanquage, messages intentionally put there by early historians who hinted at the truth. Here's a couple of examples. Israel = Is Ra El? Ra = Egyption Sun God. El is semetic for deity or God; originally applied to Saturn. So the question> is the Egyption sun god Ra really God? Break apart almost any english word with EL at the beginning or end and it points out a simple message or idea about deity. Elite, Elder, Elevator.

I have a brother in-law whos last name is Elrod. Elrod = El Rod or God Rod

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

lol chapstick, we live in a strange world - it is all about paying attention at the end of the day...

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Much of that Zeigeist movie is flawed information and easily discredited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit