Being a jw almost killed

by moley 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• crmsicl
    crmsicl

Another testimony to the resiliency of the human spirit. Thank you.

Only a cultist would drop there kid off in the street.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What a story. What a life. Thank you for sharing and welcome to the board.

• irondork
    irondork

moley: My dad drove me into Plymouth with my belongings and dropped me off in the street and drove off.

Ahh, love!, spiritual paradise-style.

Welcome to the forum Moley. There are a few of us with some twisted stories to tell. So glad you finally introduced yourself.

You sound like you're in a pretty good place now with a solid support network. Please stick around and participate.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Welcome!

And congratulations on coming out victorious.

Have a great life!

Doc

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome, and thank you for telling your story. It reminds me of when I was little, my dad drove out in the country to drop a cat off

by a big barn. It was so sad ! I can't even believe someone would do that to their sick son. You must be very strong to get through

that heart break. Good for you !!!!!!!

Sherry

• Ding
    Ding

I would go for long walks on my own and cry for hours, once again the small child terrified of displeasing god.

Welcome!

It's truly sad that an organization that tells members they have to preach "good news" door to door all their lives leaves them feeling constantly guilty and in fear of displeasing God.

If you believe the works oriented "good news" of the WT, JWs will need to be in fear of displeasing God not only in this life but also throughout the 1000 year reign of Christ.

By contrast, more than 60 times in the Bible, God tells believers, "Fear not," and 1 John 4:18 says that perfect love casts out fear.

• moley
    moley

thank you all for your kind words

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Wow, sounds like you've been thru so much but I'm glad everything has worked out for the best for you.

Thanks for posting an intro and welcome to the forum

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

It's a wonderful thing that you were able to get professional help and now have the tools to manage your situation!

Elders are NOT trained counselors.

As a result, JW's with mental, emotional, chemical, alcohol & drug problems are ostracized. Many are 'disfellowshipped' and are forced to cease all contact with family and friends - necessary elements for support and recovery.

Unloving. Un-Christian. Amoral.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

So glad to hear that you are progressing quite well, and have found that special someone. Yes, go for all the things you wanted to do. Sounds so interesting to learn about marine biology. Keep up the good work!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit