ANOTHER DISHONEST QUOTE FROM CHRIST'S BROTHERS!

by DATA-DOG 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

DataDog, that is a great find that I will add to Misquotes, Deception, Lies.

Phizzy - " the WT claim that "Apostates" got at the N.T after the death of John and removed the Name."

It is a good point that they make such a claim with no proof of it being removed. Since the Watchtower has added the word Jehovah in place of Lord in Romans, where Jesus was being referred to, it is the Watchtower that really could be referred to as apostate or AntiChrist.

Romans 10:13 "For "everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.""

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Phizzy,

So GOD let apostates who are liars, and deceivers, according to the DC, remove his name from the NT!? Those apostates are powerful!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Phizzy: This is their scintillating answer as to why no extant manuscripts contain the Name, but this begs the question, what else did these "Apostates" remove ?

---

Great point, Phizzy.

The WT also props up their New World Translation by claiming that all other Bible translations had been so corrupted by apostate Christendom that the WT needed their own "superior" Bible to replace them.

Along with your point, the next logical question is:

How much faith can you have in a god that:

1. cannot preserve the integrity of his own written word?

2. cannot preserve his own name in his own Word? A name, incidentally, god claims you MUST know in order to gain everlasting life!

Ironically, god's self-proclaimed named people (Jehovah's Witnesses) themselves did not carry god's name for the first 50+ years of their existence!! They were IBSA for five decades, not Jehovah's Witnesses.

One word comes to mind: FAIL.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ArbolesdeArabia- you have a private message.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

And, when we see such hopelessly flawed/inaccurate/fraudulent/misquoted material in WT literature, it makes the following statement quite laughable:

"In our time, Christ’s anointed brothers use the Writing Department in Brooklyn, New York, to provide spiritual information in the form of magazines, brochures, books, and other printed and electronic material. This spiritual food, like physical food, has to be well prepared. Even Bible writers, who were directed by holy spirit, made sure that they recorded information that was thoroughly researched and accurate. Luke, for example, spoke to many eyewitnesses and "traced all things from the start with accuracy." — Luke 1:1-4.

The Writing Department follows the pattern of ‘tracing all things with accuracy.’ But where can reliable information be found? While the Internet is a convenient and quick source of vast amounts of information, our researchers do not rely on blogs or poorly documented Web entries written by unidentified or unqualified persons....

...In summary, the Writing Department insists on using only material that is accurate and truthful, even regarding seemingly insignificant details. As a result, "the faithful and discreet slave" can consistently supply spiritual food that brings honor to "the God of truth," Jehovah."

2011 Yearbook, page 9.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

ADCMS,

Great quotes. Isn't there a quote about how many steps of approval the articles go through? 30, maybe? Then they finally get approval by the Great 8!!

• JWB
    JWB

DATA-DOG, thanks for the details. One thing I've noticed about the WTS publications is they don't always give proper references to where the quotes they use come from. I think this is a very bad practice. Intentional maybe?!

• JWB
    JWB

AndDontCallMeShirley: "Ironically, god's self-proclaimed named people (Jehovah's Witnesses) themselves did not carry god's name for the first 50+ years of their existence!! They were IBSA for five decades, not Jehovah's Witnesses."

So true, in fact it was the 'great I AM', Joseph Rutherford who came up with that name and of course the concept of 'organization'. I think it would be more appropriate to call the WTS "Joe's Organization".

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

DATA-DOG: Isn't there a quote about how many steps of approval the articles go through? 30, maybe? Then they finally get approval by the Great 8!!

---

I do remember a statement made that each article goes through a review by 70 (?) persons at Bethel before it's printed. Still trying to find it. In the meantime here's a good quote:

w87 3/1 15 'Upon the Watchtower I Am Standing'

"Each article in both The Watchtower and Awake! and every page, including the artwork, is scrutinized by selected members of the Governing Body before it is printed. Furthermore, those who assist in writing articles for The Watchtower are Christian elders who appreciate the seriousness of their assignment. (Compare 2 Chronicles 19:7.) They spend many hours in researching the Bible and other reference material to make sure that what is written is the truth and that it faithfully follows the Scriptures. (Ecclesiastes 12:9, 10; 2 Timothy 1:13) It is not unusual for one magazine article — that you may read in 15 minutes — to take from two weeks to over a month to prepare".

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JWB: One thing I've noticed about the WTS publications is they don't always give proper references to where the quotes they use come from. I think this is a very bad practice. Intentional maybe?!

-----

Once you do a little research, you find many instances where WT deliberately misquotes their sources, or fails to provide their sources at all. They do this because they are being deceptive and don't want their readers to know it. here's one example:

This 1983 Watchtower article misquotes Professor Aki in an attempt to prove a surge in earthquakes.

"Professor Keiiti Aki of the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology speaks of "the apparent surge in intensity and frequency of major earthquakes during the last one hundred years," though stating that the period from 1500 through 1700 was as active." Watchtower 5-15-83. p.6

This partial quote from Professor Aki makes it appear he supports the idea that earhquakes have increased since 1914. Aki's full sentence was (highlighted area is what WT left out of their quote above, brackets are only what WT quoted):

["The apparent surge in intensity and frequency of major earthquakes during the last one hundred years] is, in all probability, due to improved recording of earthquakes and the increased vulnerability of human society to earthquake damage. The main reason is the well established plate tectonics which indicates a very steady fault motion over the past many millions of years."

Taken in context, Prof. Aki actually says earthquakes HAVE NOT increased ! WT's quote is intentionally dishonest.

One of many examples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit