ANOTHER DISHONEST QUOTE FROM CHRIST'S BROTHERS!

by DATA-DOG 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

ADCMS: The quote above is correct: (1) the word "Jehovah" does not accurately represent any form of the Name ever used in Hebrew;

Island Man: I beg to disagree

--

Are you a Bible scholar, Island Man? The sources that are referenced here are from Bible scholars, not the opinions of lay people. We are merely repeating what has been stated by experts in their field.

You've also missed the main point here: "Jehovah" is grammatically impossible in Hebrew. It was the invention of a 14th century Catholic monk who invented his own rules to come up with that name. So to argue that the name Jehovah can be construed from Hebrew, and is therefore an acceptable rendering, betrays a real understanding of the issue. Arguing that transliterations of "Jeremiah" and "Jesus" are in the same category of the tetragrammaton being transliterated as "Jehovah" is also baseless- no one invented impossible grammatical rules in order to arrive at the former names.

For the WT to argue definitively that "Jehovah" is god's true name and a person must use that name to be an approved Christian is laughable at best.

And, if by their own admission, WT says "Yahweh" is most likely closer to the original pronunciation of YHWH, then why use the name Jehovah?

You say you're not a WT apologist but you sure sound like one.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I am a strong critic of Jehovah's Witnesses because I know they are wrong on many things, including misquoting sources, but the use of the name "Jehovah" is not one of them.

---

Interesting.

Then why did WT decide to omit what is, arguably, one of the most important parts of the quote they made from the RSV?

If WT's position is so solid, Re: the use of the name "Jehovah", there'd be no reason to do that.

• *lost*
    *lost*

ADCMS - I just wish i could suck all the info out of your head.

I have found out that the name 'jehovah' is used and venerated as a god primarily by secret group's, societies, kabbalah, magic, mysticism,

all the pagan things christian should not be 'following after'.

It was very prevalent in ancient times, hence so much folklore tales etc.

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped for awatcher

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bumped again for AWatcher, and Pime and all interested parties. YHWH hates a false stylus..

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Marking

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

With all the hysteria and the watchtarded WT lessons of late, I thought I would bump this thread for any newbies. 

All I hear is, " We are true witnesses of "Jeehoober!! We know we are the truth because we say Jeehoobie's name and don't remove it from his word!!" 

DD

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

As has been stated in this thread, the word Yahweh is closer to the Hebrew, though arguments will always persist as to what is most accurate.

The problem for JW's is that their name was thought up by Rutherford one night when he realised he had nothing new to say to his followers. He did not research the name, or think it through. Probably too drunk to bother to do so.

In recent years, the name Yahweh has been taken up by various Churches and movements, there is a Facebook group of Yahweh's Witnesses for example.

So the JW org. has missed the boat for getting it right, or closer to right, which of course they would never do, as they can never admit they are wrong.

Their argument that "Jehovah" is the way that most people recognise the name for god  is pretty weak too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit