Is this true? Don't Call 911 If The Guy In The Next Seat Falls Ill at The DC?

by Room 215 29 Replies latest jw friends

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Either the WTS knows very little on how emergency services work or that they want to avoid disruption at all cost by having a "qualified" brother make the call and move the incident victim to a more private place so the meeting can go on...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" The 911 team isn't going to dispatch 30 rescue vehicles to the same address. "

Good point! Another proof that the Dubs are out of touch with reality, and that the GB like 'em dumb.

RANK AND FILE:

GB:

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

My policy: Don't go at all. That way, you will not have a medical emergency at the Grand Boasting Session, you will not generate a 911 call at the a$$embly, and you will not run up their possibility of getting fined. Of course, you will not run up their attendance numbers or generate income, either.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Data Dog

I thought that was the coolest movie (I was nine when it came out). A very good analogy for how the WTBS is set up.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Can you imagine the disruption at Jehovah's dinner-table lunch-counter that would be caused by multiple calls to emergency services from an assembly site?

It would be a very, very WRONG thing to do from a pay telephone that could not be traced back to you (especially if you uesd a napkin to protect YOURSELF from the microscopic vermin that can be found on pay phones). We would never want to do such a bad bad thing to Jehovah's Soap-Box Derby-like organization.

Don't even think about it!

That means YOU, Minimus!

• wasblind
    wasblind

It don't make sense to call 911 in an emergency. give the attendant time to pray about it

in the mean time " Wait on Jehovah "

Jehovah saves money

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I guess the Governing Body feels the assemblies are so important that they don't want any persons disrupting them in any way be it dying, or ambulance sirens. They want strict silence and even if your dying on stage your dead body needs to be removed with as little disturbance as possible so that the show will go on and all those in attendance will be not too distracted by such an unfortunate event and remain focused on instructions from the Governing Body.

• SAHS
    SAHS

I think that “WTWizard” hits the nail right on the head: Don't go at all. That way, you will not have a medical emergency at the Grand Boasting Session.” Simple but effective, and definitely makes the most sense of all.

Everything has to operate within their asinine hierarchy of “theocratic order” They tell everyone where to eat, what to wear at the restaurant for supper afterward (including, of course, the convention badge) – it’s a wonder to me they don’t make a new policy that everyone has to put up their hand and wait for an attendant to grant permission to go to the bathroom!

When a person is having a heart attack or stroke, the situation can quickly worsen so that the brain starts becoming starved of oxygen. In that case, the person only has around four minutes before brain damage starts to occur, and very soon thereafter, unless some effective intervention is administered (such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation, electrical defibrillation, oxygen, epinephrine injection, etc.), it can become impossible for them to be revived. (Called death.) Equally dire can be other types of emergencies, such as chocking, bee sting allergic reactions, acute asthmatic episodes, or even some kind of seizures. In some cases, an epinephrine injection or even a tracheotomy tube might be necessary – and fast!

Any organization that would give instructions for everyone to tell an attendant to tell the first aid department to blah, blah, blah in a bona fide emergency instead of calling “9-1-1” is an egregious public hazard and major legal liability – not to mention a serious, deliberate, and high-handed moral travesty. I guess the Watchtower doesn’t seem to mind at all having plenty of blood on its greedy, power-hungry hands. (“Get out of her, my people!” – Rev. 18:4)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

In a former workplace we weren't supposed to call 911 either. We had an internal security desk we were supposed to call, and they would contact 911. It was a large secure building, with many entrances, and they were better equipped to ensure the emergency personell got to the right place. I might add, they were also trained to handle a variety of emergencies, unlike JW attendants.

W

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea all it will take is one incident, and then new light will spew forth on calling 911. I'm really surprised that it hasn't happened yet

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit