Is this true? Don't Call 911 If The Guy In The Next Seat Falls Ill at The DC?

by Room 215 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

This from a recent thread:

"recent ridiculous instructions about not calling “9-1-1” yourself at district conventions if someone is having a heart attack but, instead, telling an attendant, who is supposed to let the first aid department know so they can come and assess the person and then call the paramedics."

I hadn't heard this before.... sadly, it seems in perfectly in character for them. Have you also heard this?

• Lied2NoMore
    Lied2NoMore

yup gets repeated at every DC for years now. I can't wait until a lawsuit for delayed emergency care liquidates assets of WT

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Yes! I heard that too... It bothered me so much that I aproached an elder and asked what the logic was... His response was that they didn't want multiple brothers calling 911 all at the same time creating unecessary confusion. he emphasized that there needed to be an organized procedure so as not to dishonor Jehovah's name... Unbelievable, I know... But TRUE !!! Now maybe that's not the official WT explanation and maybe this elder was speaking off the cuff... However, the 911 instructions were clear... you were to find an attendant and let him take care of it.

So, as precious seconds are ticking away, you are to walk over the heart attack victim and attempt to find an attendant (not call 911 yourself) and hope he doesn't die before you finally find an attendant...

Sickening

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The heart attack victim might be a peadophile....... best just deal with it in house.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I believe I actually read that same explanation in a KM - also that the 911 operators actually complained about receiving multiple calls for minor non-critical events. I actually agree that having 50 people call 911 for a non-life threatening emergency is a problem, but for a real emergency like a heart attack or a stroke I think 911 should be called by whoever is there when it happens.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, they were doing this 12 years ago when we left. I wonder what legal liability the WTS is assuming when they do this?

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

This is true. But we all know they dont care about health. Especially as thousands go with anxiety and depression and thousands lose their life over the blood issue.

• blondie
    blondie

So who comes and assesses this, a medical doctor, an RN? Or some elder with spiritual qualifications. The WTS first aid room attendants can't hand out OTC meds, don't stock bandaids and unguents to disinfect a small cut...and the WTS said in writing they were not. So were does the onsite medical staff come from and are the insured for this?

• blondie
  • zeb
    zeb

So the guy who calls 911 says out loud "Ive got it" and no one else calls. How hard can that be?

Hm jw know any thing about first aid anyway?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit