Does Knowledge of Evil Condemn Us?

by JosephAlward 63 Replies latest jw friends

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

Faithful

Gweedo said >>>>>>>> Maybe God could have just programmed these lessons he wants us to learn into our DNA or hard wire it to our brain ... like in the Matrix.
    Sorry, Gweedo, I didn't see "The Matrix." A dummy like me was probably reading a book at the time. One without pictures.
    You really didn't like that dummy thing, did you...

Oh the persecution.

Ok, I apologise for calling you that...

Man, you guys are something else. Let's see. You say if God had done it your way - the right way - the "Matrix" way - he would not have had to expose you to any evil for you to learn any lessons from it.
    He could have given us some kind of instinctive knowledge. Hardwired his lessons into our DNA or brain from an early age...why not? That would not make us "unfree"

And then if you were never exposed to any evil you would never be able to be corrupted by it.
    whatever...

Im simply saying he could have possibly taught us his lessons without having to physically torture many people...as in this world

Because if there was nothing to corrupt you, or as Joe would have it if you were incorruptible to begin with, you would automatically be worthy of eternal life.Which you say God should have given you to begin with anyway.
    whatever

And you say God should appear right in front of you so there will be no doubt about his existence.
    wouldn't that be a good idea? Why couldn't he do that. Its not too much trouble is it?

You guys have got it all figured out how God should have done it. He should have made nothing that might corrupt you, or made you incorruptible, so you wouldn't have to go to any trouble taking a stand against evil and for what is right. He should have put any thing he wanted you to learn or know already in your head to begin with, so you wouldn't have to go to any trouble learning anything.
    I said...again...he could programme his lessons into our mind or DNA. Seems like a better way of doing something than allowing torture. The matrix is a good analogy. A loving God, if he can avoid torture, should do so shouldn't he?

And he should appear right in front of you, so you wouldn't have to go to all the trouble of deciding for yourself whether God exists and whether you should serve him.
    He should give me real evidence of his existence...why not. At the moment the only decision I can make, based on the evidence, is that God doesn't exist. A god that so badly wants to be worshipped and yet hides his existence so well is a rather strange God.

Once he had shown to me that he exists. I'd still decide whether I served him or not...I'd still make my own decision on the matter.

Then you say he should just give you eternal life, not because you have done anything that might in some small way make you worthy of it.
    NO

I'm saying God, A loving God, shouldn't allow torture like he does

Like maybe freely loving what is good and hating what is bad. No, that might require that you go to all the trouble of actually thinking, all by yourself. Because even that it seems would be too much trouble for you.
    I think your blabbering now...See above. My point was pretty simple

How dare God require anything at all from you, just because he is going to give you eternal life. Of all the nerve!
    talk about requirements....

I require from a Loving God that he act as a loving God should. Is that an unfair request? NO! If there is a better way of teaching a lesson than allowing people to suffer untold pain and suffering...then a loving God should teach his lesson that way.

anyway

The concept of a Loving God and the pain and suffering in this world have not been reconciled. I think a more than fair conclusion to make is that God doesn't exist.

• aChristian
    aChristian

Gweedo,

You wrote: He should give me real evidence of his existence...why not?

It has been said that God has chosen to provide us with enough evidence of His existence to convince all those who are willing to believe in Him and willing to serve Him, but that He has deliberately not provided so much evidence of His existence that even those who are not willing to believe in Him and willing to serve Him would be compelled to do so. Why is this? Because, it is said, that God desires only the willing service of those whose hearts are open to Him, not the begrudging service of those who would rather live their lives away from Him.

Gweedo, the Bible tells us that a time will come when God will provide you with the evidence of His existence which you say you now require, a time when God will appear right in front of you. Or, more precisely, a time when you will appear right in front of God. The Bible calls that day "Judgment Day."

You wrote: At the moment the only decision I can make, based on the evidence, is that God doesn't exist.

I hope you find the additional evidence you need to soon be able to put your faith in God. Unfortunately, you may now have just about all the evidence of God's existence that you are ever going to have.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO
    Gweedo,
    You wrote: He should give me real evidence of his existence...why not?

It has been said that God has chosen to provide us with enough evidence of His existence to convince all those who are willing to believe in Him and willing to serve Him, but that He has deliberately not provided so much evidence of His existence that even those who are not willing to believe in Him and willing to serve Him would be compelled to do so. Why is this? Because, it is said, that God desires only the willing service of those whose hearts are open to Him, not the begrudging service of those who would rather live their lives away from Him.

So I guess my heart aint right. Heard that one before.

You wrote: At the moment the only decision I can make, based on the evidence, is that God doesn't exist.

I hope you find the additional evidence you need to soon be able to put your faith in God. Unfortunately, you may now have just about all the evidence of God's existence that you are ever going to have.

...before God fries me at Judgment day? Gnashing and wailing AHHHHH!!!!! Such a God I do not wish to serve. A god that punishs me for doubt...cant accept that.

Enjoy going to church on Sunday Mike...I think I'll stick to playing Golf

• aChristian
    aChristian

Gweedo,

You wrote: Enjoy going to church on Sunday Mike...I think I'll stick to playing Golf.

You'd be better off in Church. Golf is a good walk spoiled. My putter now at the bottom of a water hazard and my 5 iron now wrapped around a tree are testimony to that. : )

You wrote: A god that punishs me for doubt.

No, a God who rewards us for being willing to believe in Him. The gnashing of teeth and wailing those who are not now willing to do so will be doing on Jugement Day will be over losing the reward they then discover they could have had. When those who don't now believe in an afterlife are then told by God that they wont be receiving one, since they did not expect to be receiving one anyway, they shouldn't then consider their not receiving one to be a punishment. (I'm not a believer in a literal Hell.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit