Should US/UK hit Iraq???

by ISP 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Both the UK and the US have used weapons of mass destruction ...

The UK used gas in the 1st world war (and second ?)

The US dropped TWO atomic weapons on CITIES - not military targets.

Now, who are the bad guys again?

Didn't the Egyptions rule palestine before the Jews supposedly even existed? Maybe they have a right to kick out both the Isrealies and the Palestinians ...

The US should have paid more attention to the terms brokered at the end of the gulf war which they completely messed up and should have supported the uprisings against Saddam when they had the chance.

• Simon
    Simon

oop ... wait, forgot for a minute:

The big multi-billion dollar arms companies who contribute to campaign finds would not have sold as many weapons then ... right?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

It is quite arguable that Sadam should have been removed during the Gulf War. He is not a nice man. But there was not the political will to do anything other than impose sanctions which have probably effected the people of Iraq more than the rulers, which is not exactly fair in a non-democratic society who can't really choose their rulers.

But he wasn't. Now, if the "War Against Terrorism" continues on a purely reflex basis, the risk is that we will have achieved Bin Laden's objectives, of creating a West vs. Islam war.

The Islamic countries look at Israel, and see exactly how fair the West is. If a comparatively quiet Iraq gets attacked for alleged (and quite possible) scheming, whilst Israel and the Palestinians are at war, then the radicals will have all the proof they need to convince many Muslims who are quite moderate in their outlook.

Yeah, roll into Iraq under a UN banner and sort out democratic elections, but sort out the problem in Palestine first.

The fact that it is not really an issue of religion at all (the West would and have made deals with anyone they thought gave them some strategic advantage) is now irrelevant. Such political bias has been shown towards Israel when compared to surrounding Arab lands that to people in those lands, it is all to easy for them to see it as religiously motivated bias.

• Simon
    Simon

We've always thought that about Blair, ozziepost - some very good take-offs of him were he reads out the instructions in his script: "smile sincerely to camera at left, family man look, blue jeans ... with a crease"

They also said it was like he has a school-boy crush on Bush:

Blair: "So, whats your favourite thing?"
    Bush: "I'm going to go to war"
    Blair: "Oh, that's what I'm going to do too then. Who are you going to fight?"
    Bush: "Iraq"
    Blair: "Oh, that's who I'm going to fight too then"

aargh ... he's so 'planned' and stage managed and damn insincere.

• LB
    LB
    They also said it was like he has a school-boy crush on Bush:

Blair: "So, whats your favourite thing?"
    Bush: "I'm going to go to war"
    Blair: "Oh, that's what I'm going to do too then. Who are you going to fight?"
    Bush: "Iraq"
    Blair: "Oh, that's who I'm going to fight too then"

That's too funny. I like it. Good to see Blair gets picked on as much as Bush.

I see many Rodney King type comments such as "we all need to get along". Duh, of course but we won't. We have never gotten along with each other and we never will. After all even Jehovah's organization can't get along. Don't think so? Forget about all the back biting in car groups already???

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• SYN
    SYN

The golden rule is that the people with the gold make the rules! And guess where the Bush Administration gets it's money from? YUP!

It really is such an amazingly beautiful series of interlocking systems that comprise what a human is. It's too bad we're working backwards from the object code, everything would be simpler with the source and a comment or three thrown in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit