The Watchtower's 'Lost Generation'

by metatron 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

Actually, LDH, I AM trying to convince him.

Young and naive, perhaps, but I'm still convinced I can save the world....

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• rhett
    rhett

Hmmm, looking back on my old congregation as well as another one I used to spend quite a bit of time at where has everyone gone?
    There was myself (very much apostate), Shawn (disfellowshipped for apostacy, later divorced from his wife before turning 21, slight substance abuse problem, still my best friend), Ken (moved back to his dad's after mom and step dad DA'd and eventualy moved out spends his time flirting and maybe making out with the occasional JW girl, probably still lives in fear of what his JW dad will say to him), Greg (public reproof for messing around with his fiance, later came back and is still the good little JW), Ben (slight substance abuse problem, now Shawn's room mate, very much apostate), Seth (married good JW girl and still quite strong, suprising because before he got married he lived quite the double life drinking, smoking, and screwing around), Kyle (good little JW boy who screws around), Steven (went to college, and stopped attending meetings after his mom comitted suicide), Britany (pregnant before graduating high school, now apostate), Barbette (same as her sister Britany, their mom was DF'd for screwing an elder when they were younger and after they broke up never came back), Josh (not sure but probably still believes but is too busy screwing around), Megan (you name it, she did it, now apostate), Angie (very very very much apostate and still just a wonderful person), Stephanie (very much apostate), Erin (DF'd but sees nothing wrong with JW's, quite the slut, multiple kids before graduation), Alison (don't have a clue but I'm guessing is out), Becky (my idiot ex sister-in-law got married and her and her husband took over her parents cleaning business securing herself as a JW for life), Leah (my genius ex sister-in-law who dropped college to become a missionary in Peru, got married to a guy down there, came home and live with her parents, last I heard had a pet goat), Kelly (DA'd herself so she could screw the 35 yr. old manager of the McDonald's she worked at until they got married and then repented), Jamie (DF'd for screwing around but later came back and married a good little JW man), Faith (married good JW boy), and only because they ended up marrying guys from my hall Kyla (DF'd for messing around with Greg, got reinstated and is frighteningly into JW's now, was married and had kid before gratuating high school), Amy (DF'd for apostacy and divorced from Shawn), and another Stephanie (married to Seth and a good little JW now). And of course the people from my old congregation from when I was a kid. Brad (my best friend in elementry school, drugs and breaking and entering, last I talked to him, years ago, he was waiting to be sentanced to prison), Keith (drugs, theft), Keith (see other Keith), Eric (drugs and sex), Lisa (good little JW girl), James (too many problems to even think about, I once heard about a string of murders and from I heard I could have sworn it was him, I was very suprised to hear it wasn't because he was so screwed up), and I'm sure there are others but I just can't think of them off the top of my head.
    Make up your own mind as to what all that means but personally I'm leaning towards most of them haven't exactly done real well.

• Xander
    Xander

Uhhhhh....MavMan........plan on answering this?

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

• JT
    JT

Bro X

<b>thanks for the Html online free class</b>
    james

• JT
    JT

[i]I got it [i/]

• JT
    JT

I must just be Slow

• JT
    JT

Rhett
    your exp is much like mine

after i went to bethel i at least got away from the little town in NC to go to the big city and see at least another way of living

i recall coming home for the assemblies or conventions and seeing all my old buddies girls and guys
    and thier life was SH!T

2/3/4 kids flunky job at Burger World working evening shifts, missing meeting and getting dogged at the hall for not being spiritual and missing meetings

lots of good hot sex on the side

we had a lot of bro who were banging each others wives some elders some ms

the boring life of being a jw in my view leads to this type of behavoir

i saw a report once that showed girls who are involved in sports in school have sex later and are less likely than their counter parts not to become pregnant

i know most jw marry at a young age

i recall these old sister always saying
    BETTER TO MARRY THAN BURN

and so since most teens are BURNING DUHHHHHH-- YOU GOT teen marriages -- no one has a good job husband or wife and then the kids start

well i used to get dogged when i went home from bethel no wife no kids and i was old too all of 24- smile

i got married and me and Lady "C" have been married for 14 yrs - no kids and just before we left wt we still got dogged or should i say folks evnied us-

we would come into the convention back in NC with no kids- looking half way good- smile and all my friends were saddled down with so many issues in their lives,

this religion takes away hopes and dreams and replaces it with PIPE DREAMS INSTEAD

• MavMan
    MavMan

Post for Xander.

I said:

I think the change came after being more informed. Medicine, including organ transplants, became more common during the 70's. It is true that Jehovah does not change, but he is not inspiring word for word what is published in the magazines, compared to the Bible.
    Notice that in the 1967 Watchtower, not all transplants were discouraged. Artificial and animal organ transplants were left to ones conscience. I think the 1980 article was excellent in explaining why it is up to the persons conscience.
    Xander then said:

*** w65 6/1 352 Questions from Readers ***
    but it is all a part of the advancement of Jehovah's theocratically controlled organization under the immediate direction of Jehovah God himself.
    *** w64 5/1 277-8 Building a Firm Foundation in Christ ***
    It is through the columns of The Watchtower that Jehovah provides direction and constant Scriptural counsel to his people.

So, just to be clear on this MavMan....you are then disagreeing with what the society says about itself cited above? And the 'word for word' bit is a distraction from the issue. Do you think the org put that prohibition and print and dropped the issue? No - judicial committees were formed, and could DF people after 'prayerful consideration', those who questioned the edict would sit in front of JCs...etc.
    The whole org was AGAINST transplants, then not. There is no case of 'minor adjusment to doctrine' here. Was once black, now white.

Xander, I disagree with you here. I am not disagreeing with what the society said on those two quotes. I do believe that Jehovah uses Watchtower publications to get counsel across to us. The word for word comment was not distraction. You are saying that the Witnesses claim that the Watchtower publications are inspired by God. The Witnesses the not say that and have not said that. They say Jehovah is guiding them but not providing material word for word. He speaks to them by means of his inspired word, the Bible. It’s up to the FDS to research the scriptures and base their counsel on those laws and principles. Obviously on the transplant issue they were more informed after making the observation that it was compared to cannibalism. After researching the issue, a more balanced view was given. Sincerely, I have never heard of a person being disfellowshipped for accepting a transplant.
  • SYN
    SYN

Once again, MavMan, may I kindly direct you to a little site called quotes.jehovahs-witness.com, where you will find that yes, indeed, the FDS have said they are inspired by God, therefore the publications are too.

Boy oh boy, you've really got your head stuck in the sand haven't you? Sad...be an adult and respond to us properly, please.

Sincerely, I have never heard of a person being disfellowshipped for accepting a transplant.
    Really? Quite a few people even on this site could tell you otherwise...

But then, I have a feeling none of what we try to bang into you here has any effect at all...nobody can be 'unconvinced'. For instance, try unconvincing a Dub. Good luck!

Seven006: "Have you tried drugs? Shooting up a little heroin might do the trick, it's hard to type when your stoned out of your mind. I don't know how TR does it!"

• MavMan
    MavMan

I visited the site and did not find anything relating to your statement: "the FDS have said they are inspired by God, therefore the publications are too."

I also noticed a bunch of quotes taken out of context. How about posting the entire articles along with the quote highlighted? That way the reader can use his own reasoning and come to his own conclusions based on those articles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit