Goodbye for now!

by Ephanyminitas 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

My parents made it clear to me that while I'm under their roof, I can't have _any_ communication with apostates. Obviously, that would rule out this group; so until I move (hopefully in a couple of months or so), I must be on a forced hiatus! Thanks for your kindness during the past -- what? -- week or so? Keep them minds open!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

APRIL FOOLS!??[8>]

No matter how thin you slice it there are always two sides
  • SYN
    SYN

Two words: Internet Cafe.

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Struth, mate, you didn't even give me time to say G'day!

Oh well, nice to meet ya. Take care!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Xena
    Xena

aaahhhhh ephany and we were JUST getting friendly! Well we will miss ya and keep an eye out for your return!!!!

• termite 35
    termite 35

Speak to you soon ,(Friends' laptop?!)Hope you find a place soon x

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Ephan,

According to my online "MERRIAM-WEBSTER'S", (APOSTATE--see apostasy;

Main Entry: apos·ta·sy
    Pronunciation: &-'päs-t&-sE
    Function: noun

1 : renunciation of a religious faith
    2 : abandonment of a previous loyalty

It says, renunciation of a religious faith, which would be the term we're applying in this instance.

As Witnesses go from door-to-door, isn't the main purpose to start "bible studies" to get people to learn how THEIR present religion is false, and to get them to CHANGE their religion and become a Witness?

So, all those that become Witnesses by that method or by other ways used by the Watchtower Society, the result is the same........those people have turned away from PREVIOUS religious beliefs to become JWs, HAVE become (according to the best-known dictionary) "APOSTATES!!!!"

Before I could get baptized as a JW, I had to write a letter to my former church and, in writing, inform them that I wanted my name removed from their rolls, and just WHAT religion I was now adhering to.

Yes! At THAT time, I DID become an APOSTATE (it's such a dreaded word in the minds and hearts of JWs, isn't it?)

An apostate is NOT just a person who has left the Watchtower Society, although no one else seems to use that term.

If you could think of a polite way to bring this up to your folks, or even ask them if THEY belonged to another religion before they became Witnesses, well....you know how far you can pursue this...but it is a fact!!!

Take care, kid.

hugs,

Annie

• rhett
    rhett

You've always got the library and friends computers. Hey, its not exactly like your parents can really stop that.

Back down the bullies to the back of the bus
    Its time for them to be scared of us

• patio34
    patio34

Take care and we hope to see you back soon!

Pat

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Obey your parents. The seed of unbelief can lie sleeping a long time and emerge fresh as a daisy!

"That is not dead which can forever lie,
    and in strange eons, even death may die."
    - Lovecraft

Expose! EXPOSE! EXPOSE the "king" and his "kingdom"!
    - Nathan Natas, UADNA
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit