Wind bag

by outonalimb 24 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Dave is a bootyhead.

• larc
    larc

David,

You may have noticed that I made no comments on this thread regarding the issues you are discussing. I simply and rationally addressed research concepts and their merits. These, I started on another thread and outonalimb choose to bring them up here. I hope that clarifies things for you.

• bigboi
    bigboi

I wish ppl would stop trying to make it look as though it was something about this board that made these ppl leave. Nothing about this board made those ppl leave. What they wanted was a nice little contrived evironment where they could participate in their little circle jerks free of ppl who they thought were beneath them anyway. They got what they wanted yet, some of them still find time to come into the 'mental ward' as the Poet Laureate (outonalimb's wife) once described it.

Again, nobody made these ppl leave. If that was the case none of them would be able to post here. How many of em left anyway, about 15 or 20? Get real!

ONE....

bigboi

• bigboi
    bigboi

P.S.

I for one would like to say that Larc took the high road on this one. Not once did he stoop to Julie's husband's level and attack him personally. The guy made allegations against the validity of some info in Larc's study. Larc simply asked him for proof to support those allegations.

ONE....

bigboi

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

Larc,
    Geez, after you post, do you sit and refresh every 30 seconds looking for a reply? With your credentials and connections you should find what you are looking for below.

http://library10.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=psychological+studies&Search_Code=SUBJ_&PID=7500&CNT=50&BROWSE=18&HC=3&SID=1

Another helpful link for you:

http://library10.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?Search_Arg=psychological+studies&Search_Code=SUBJ_&PID=7500&SEQ=20020407215352&CNT=50&HIST=1

Xena-love the new pic!
    David-your right. It is childish. My intention really was not to defend anyone though.I think Larc is way to full of himself to use his intelligence for anything more than feeding his own ego. I had a bad day.

Beck-Rhett- If you have visited the *other* board* you would see that Simons board is NEVER mentioned. It (Kent's board) seems to be a constant topic here, most recently started by Larc.

Teej- Man, I can't imagine why two people who have been together for twenty years, and share mnay of the same qualities, would write or even think alike. How you and your wife getting along these days?
    I guess some people just gotta' learn their lessons the hard way, eh Teej?

• teejay
    teejay

I am always amazed how seemingly intelligent and mature people can often resort back to their childhood by trying to choose up teams and intimidate others who they feel have wronged them. Let it go!

What in THE hell are you talking about?

Surely you’re not suggesting that outonalimb is behaving in an “intelligent and mature” manner! outonalimb started an attacking thread—even giving it an offensive title—and has made several allegations (so far unfounded by him) toward Larc, a thread being a cut-and-paste job of a thread Simon locked. Larc has NOT responded in kind.

Larc, I don't know what is going on with you but you seem to have been pulled down to a level of discourse that is way below your intelligence level. Why you continue to try and resurrect dead issues is only making you look like a much lesser person than many feel you are.

Would you please tell us who it is that is resurrecting dead issues? Isn’t it out whose cut-and-past post is from a thread that Simon locked?

It’s great for JW.com that kent started his own board that he’s able to run his way. It’s great that the malcontents who were so disgusted with this board and its members (and who kept so much trouble going on here) have left to post over there. The Internet is a big place with room for dozens of boards. We, for the most part, HAVE moved on and JW.com is a much nicer place as a result.

I have a lot of respect for you, what you have been doing ever sense the Tina issue is making you look bad and is slowly diminishing your credibility.

It’s not Larc’s credibility that’s suffering, imo. He was publicly ‘called out,’ so to speak, and Larc answered outonalimb with far more respect than he was worthy of receiving.

No, it’s not Larc’s credibility that’s taking the hit. Keep posting, Dave.

• Prisca
    Prisca

larc: 1

outonalimb: 0

• larc
    larc

out ona limb,

I looked at the two sites you provided, and all they had was a search function. Could you please give a hint, such as, the authors of the research, general subject area, something to narrow it down, please? As I said before, you wrote as if you knew something about this research. Apparently, you don't and you are making it up as you go along. I am not surprised by your unethical behavior. It fits a pattern.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    If you have visited the *other* board* you would see that Simons board is NEVER mentioned. It (Kent's board) seems to be a constant topic here, most recently started by Larc.

There's a big difference between not talking about something because u choose to and doing so because you're told not to.

ONE....

bigboi

• seven006
    seven006

Larc,

I read the thread you spoke of and liked it. I was not referring to just this thread but more of the over all reoccurring issue. I noticed you stayed out of this one but the circumstances that prompted Out to post this is the issue is what I was referring to. Again, I will say that I, along with many others have a lot of respect for you. I was very surprised to see you involved with all of this from the onset. I in no way meant any disrespect to you at all. I stayed out of the entire issue when it was going on. I was just trying to be unbiased and making an attempt to see if this could be stopped before it started up again. It may be hard to see it, but in my way, I was sticking up for you. When you have as much respect as I have for you it is sometimes more of a friendly gesture to point out the negative while praising the positive. Looking at what I see as the underlining psychological issue that kept this issue stirred up and brought it to the boiled it did I responded in a way that I felt would be understood by our mutual respect for each other. I know you get what I am saying.

Out,

It is not uncommon for people to attack those who can make them feel a bit insecure in themselves. Instead of putting Larc down for his intelligence why don't you respect it and benefit from it. Your wife seems to be an intelligent woman and I am sure you do not put her down for that or think she is full of herself or stroking her ego when she posts. The less intelligent have always reacted negatively to those who are more intelligent and the feeling of inferiority is brought on by the leaser's own ineptness. I do not see where you or your wife should feel inferior to Larc but the way you have commented about him as well as the title of this thread points to that direction. An intelligent person will benefit from things they can learn from someone who is more astute in areas that they may not be as informed on.

This is called learning and growing. Rejecting it and trying to belittle it gives you no benefit at all except the feeling of justifying you own insecurities and keeping them intact. This does not make you a better person but instead projects the things that you still must learn in life. There is great power in admitting you are wrong as well as admitting you still have a lot to learn. This is the mark of a truly intelligent person. Once you have responded in a lessor manner even though you may be the superior it takes the respondent off guard and you can gain from a conversation without the feeling that it is some kind of ego war or mental competition.

The most uneducated person in the world can use this technique and project himself as an equal on any level by just being completely honest and wanting to learn as opposed to trying to defend his lack of knowledge and attacking. It is those who feel they know everything and try to make others feel that they know less that are the true dummies. I do not see any that have been involved in this whole issue as dummies. They seemed to have gotten caught up in a frenzy of defensive insecurities that exploded into a mass mental suicide. The outstanding theme of this entire board breeds negativity because it is based on an existence that we have all abandoned because of its negative effect on our lives. Even though this negative issue is the crux of this gathering it does not need to continue on as it's main emphasis. This board can be a great aid to all of us to learn from each other and continue to grow and find balance in our lives.

Maybe that is something to think about

I do not see Larc as full of himself and trying to feed his own ego. I see him taking the time to share some of his insight based on his education and experience. I for one greatly appreciate it. This board in not a competition for people to try and see who is smarter than anyone else. I'm sure you are better at some things than Larc is, so what, and also good for you. He should not make you feel inferior nor you him. If everyone can chill a little and not try to one up each other this whole place would be a lot better. It's pretty damn good as it stands but just as people can, everything should continue to grow and progress in more of a positive manner. I don't think that is something bad to aspire to.

We all have our expertise in life. This trying to make someone else look bad in an attempt to try and make yourself look better is extremely childish and only expresses ones own insecurities. There has been way to much of this in the past. You are a lucky man to have a wife that cannot only speak her mind but do it in an intelligent manner no matter who agrees with her or not. It is not the issue that is the thing that shows a person character but more in the way they express themselves and respond to others. Leave the childish bickering to the less intelligent and those of lower character. Both you and Larc are far above such things.

Give your wife a great big hug and appreciate the fact that she is who she is. We all are still learning and growing. That's what makes life boring as hell but a bit more easy to deal with.

There is a reason I stay out of this type of thing and there is also a reason I eventually stick my nose into it. As far as I can see, if you all put your insecurities aside and see the good things in each other you could all be friends.

What a concept!

Joelbear, your not telling me anything I don't already know. I have learned to live with it.

Take care all,

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit