Crazy! I'm related to a TERRORIST!!

by ThisFellowCheap 19 Replies latest social current

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

So, mum called this this afternoon and asked if I had heard of the London terror attacks, I replied that I know of it.

Then she asked, Don't you recognise him?"

So I answered, "No".

Mum: Don't you recognise Tobi?

Me: Which Tobi?

Mum: Tobi, Aunty Juliet's son

Me: What! No, I couldn't have recognised him, only spoken to him on phone! Wait, mum, but those guys are Jehovah's Witnesses if I remember well?

Mum: Yep, that's what I am trying to impress in you. People who leave Jehovah's organization often turn up worst!

Me: Mum, you remember Jonathan Holt, don't you?

Mum: Don't let us go there now, your father is here, and he will not be happy hearing you parrot those apostate talks...

Me(cuts in): He can't bear to hear the truth about the truth...

Mum(cuts phone)

So, but then the reality sank, I am a relative (distant cousins) to one of the terrorists, Micheal Adebowale! Yeah, his parents are JWs altho' seemed his dad stopped after the divorce( no one in the news seemed to have mentioned that), and his mum had been complaining a long while about him having bad associates to us back home in Nigeria. I hate this terrorism as it has claimed thousands of lives back home but now it struck nearer to home again even in faraway Britain. First Damilola Taylor, now Tobi, seems my mum's family is having more than their fair share of terror deaths and terrorists!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Wow, that's crazy.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Very weird that there's any JW connection. News reports are that Juliet was a probation officer in the UK and had recently returned to Nigeria to pursue a political career.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/10079781/Woolwich-attack-Michael-Adebowales-mother-tried-to-prevent-radicalisation.html

#mce_temp_url#
  • cantleave
    cantleave

Mum: Yep, that's what I am trying to impress in you. People who leave Jehovah's organization often turn up worst

• ThisFellowCheap
    ThisFellowCheap

@free@last, she came to Nigeria seeking a political appointment i.e a top government job not a politically career! She didn't get one, and has since returned to the UK claiming insecurity in Nigeria. And she is one you can call a well-faded JW who becomes one back in family circles to prevent the backlash of shunning, my mum's people call her one of those weak oyinbo JWs.

• cofty
    cofty

I'm confused - what's the connection between Tobi, Michael the murderer and Damilola Taylor?

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

wow.... just wow.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    I'm confused - what's the connection between Tobi, Michael the murderer and Damilola Taylor?

Nigeria?

George

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Well, someone has to be related to the terrorist. It is a small world sometimes. My brother lives in Watertown, MA. I worked across the street from the World Trade Center for years. My apt. building was chock full of friends and families of deceased or seriously injured WTC victims. Half of my local firehouse died that day.

What struck me about 9.11 was the every day aspect of it. My dry cleaner, places I went with dates, the liquor store. I walked past thousands of flyers of missing/dead at Bellevue, the main city hospital.

In my mind, terrorism happens in a mythical New York or London. It does not happen where I go for physical therapy or church. Now I understand the WWII blitz more than I once did.

I am curious what you think led to a path of terrorism.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Thanks for the clarification ThisFellowCheap. News reports often get the details wrong. Sorry that your family is connected at all with this heinous crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit