Shattered Faith

by new hope and happiness 30 Replies latest social humour

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

thanks for the welcome.

I think what really opened my eyes was i came to realize the congregation was united in knowledge but not in love. At first i noticed it with the elders but then i saw there was a lack of respect by the congrgation in general to any who were " different" and friendships were dropped if knowledge was not shared.

In a polite way i came to see the congregation as a pack of wolves.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

In a polite way i came to see the congregation as a pack of wolves.

Welcome Mike. Yes when people are oppressed they start to oppress one another. I remember how hard it was to be around people like that day in day out, biting and tearing at one another. What I found was that in the 'world' you will get the odd one like this, perhaps in a work situation, but unlike in the WTS it won't be everyone. You will meet some really decent people out in the real world, who will stick by you no matter what. At least your shattered faith in people will be renewed, but it will take time. Hang in there

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcome!

Loz x

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

A student the questions i asked myself were " am i me? am i free? and i answerd myself in the negative.

lois wow you had real courage. Glad you found " new hope and happiness" because you comment inspired him!

crazyguy this may seem a crazy answer but i never saw it like that. I always thought how can there be any injustice in non existence.

talesin wow over 16000 posts and you still cantleave. And to cantleave and all the other welcomes thanks.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

Welcome new hope!!! You are very brave. Isn't it wonderful to think 'how' you like?

gorgia

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to your new life ..... it is great to be able to think for yourself, isn't it?

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A big welcome to you. Thanks for your thoughts.

If it helps:

I didn't realize it until much later, but my biggest problem leaving the dubs was that they taught me that they had all the answers to my big questions- "Is this life all there is?" "Does life have a purpose?"

The Watch Tower organization told me they had all the answers to the questions I was asking. The problem was that they provided the wrong questions. They told me I was seeking a deeper spiritual truth when all I really sought was an ordinary truth. I hadn’t actually started pondering, “Where does life originally come from and where are we going after this life? I simply wanted to know, “Who am I?” How could I understand deep spiritual things until I learned basic things? Maybe I thought God had assigned value to me, but I had to learn to assign myself value first. Regardless of how true or false Watch Tower’s doctrines were, seeking to accept and understand their version of deeper spiritual truths was sidetracking me for years from discovering myself and my true value. The question, “Who am I?” may not lead to an easy answer, but just being aware of the real question and asking it leads to the reflection and wisdom I have been seeking.

I am so in tune with myself now that I can stop trying to apply the Bible and Watchtower rules to every aspect of my life. I can look at Sept. 11, 2001 and earthquakes in Haiti and Japan without trying to fit them into some complicated fulfillment of the JW "Revelation book."

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Welcome and congratulations on your new found life course. You will shortly discover that most here have had similar experiences.

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

O t w o. Thanks but giving up the W.T with its customs and teachings is no problem for me. Its an adventure, an awakening from a dream in to reality. My only concern is that i hope i am rememberd with smiles and laughter by the congregation and still accepted as a friend. As of today i think they are more disorintated by my leaving than i.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit