The Bible - Which books get to stay or go decided my men - cut & paste old school

by HarryMac 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• trujw
    trujw

Harry you said nuts. Reality always hurts jws. Fantasy is hard to reconcile with real facts but what is an unemployed 40 year old to do. Hearing sex stories from hot 14 year olds is oh so much fun plus the gbs stamp of approval. Alas if only no touchy Nathan and Freddie were here now . How proud they would be.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I almost feel bad posting this for people not ready for that level of 'truth'. It's a kick in the nuts.

---

That's why I bought a nut cup the day I became a JWN member.

I expected some pretty miserable days walking bent over, or not at all, if I didn't prepare. LOL.

• JWB
    JWB

I've asked this same question many times. The other question it raises is: Why did god allow the Catholic Church to canonize the scriptures- if it were, indeed, "apostate" as the WT claims?

AndDontCallMeShirley, you took the words right out of my mouth. If that ain't a contradiction I don't know what is! So by a show of hands, the 'true' inspired canon got the seal of approval. Still, you know what they say, God does seem to work in mysterious ways. Maybe he's not so bothered about working with apostates to publish his words?

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JWB: Maybe he's not so bothered about working with apostates to publish his words?

---

Well, God used Balaams ass to speak, so there's no reason to think an apostate can't do some good now and again. LOL.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

trujw:

Your comment has sailed right over my head.

• T D Joseph
    T D Joseph

Have you ever thought how this famous statement of Jesus: “NO MAN HAS ASCENDED UP TO HEAVEN BUT HE THAT CAME DOWN FROM HEAVEN, EVEN THE SON OF MAN WHICH IS IN HEAVEN”? (John 3:13) Jesus ascended into heaven a few years after saying this! Hence he can not say I have ascended into heaven before doing so. Then how did statement Jesus did not make find its way to the Bible? This would explain also what led the selection of books that made the Bible!

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

This thread is not being commented on by believers.

Yet?

• Moses Unedited
    Moses Unedited

This thread is not being commented on by believers.

I believe. I believe that a talking snake coaxed the first humans into eating a piece of fruit which cast humanity into a state of condemnation . . . and the Creator of the universe caused rain to cover the whole earth, while preserving each one of the species of animals and humans in a huge wooden box . . and that the Creator of the universe had great concern over matters such as male genitals, their hair length, and women’s menstruation; and he told generals to go kill entire populations including infants . . and held the sun still so that one of them could win a battle. . and wrote his laws on pieces of stone for a group of people wandering in the desert. . and that the son of God died so that what those humans brought about by eating that fruit could be reversed. . and that the Creator of the universe had all of this put into a special book for people to be saved from the condition brought about by the first humans eating that fruit. . and that those who do not believe in this book shall face eternal jugement.

What is there not to believe? Sheesh!

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

The book of Enoch is not on the list. Does it not make an appearance anywhere?

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

7th from bottom under 'History' on the above list.

I will say that before a descent into detail is had it would have been nice to have at least one believer comment on the big picture point: That men decided which books are the bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit