con artist JW

by outsmartthesystem 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well.....a few years ago he made the mistake of telling me that he succeeded in convincing her to make her entire will out to HIM! He even laughed when he said "boy are her children going to be upset!"

This is SO wrong!

That is the job of the WTBTS. Doesn't this JW know his place?

Charitable Giving

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

OutSmartTheSystem , When I finished reading your first paragraph this is how I felt.

Have you ever heard of a "smooth talking snake oil salesman"?

Is it possible your soon to be ex FIL has smooth talked his customer, conditioned her with , "Oh, no need to bother your kids, I'll do it for you"?

Also, "You know how much your kids love where they live. If you leave me your house, i won't sell it/get rid of it like your kids probably will, I will keep it just as it is to remember you by".

Is it possible when her children call her, she tells them don't worry, I'm fine, ex FIL, takes good care of me...so you don't need to worry. Have a great day kids. Kiss the grandchildren for me. (So maybe The Kids don't feel all that welcomed and that mom has more "feelings" for ex FIL than them, so back off.)

If you are getting divorced...have you found your soon to be ex husband, at all like your FIL?

Does/did your husband love you? Did he want to spend a lot of time with you? Do extra special nice things, just for you, to make you happy? Did he make you feel like you were the most loved person on this earth? Is your husband a chip off the old block...The apple didn't fall far from the tree? Do you trust your husband? Is your husband a snake and so is your father-in-law? Only you can answer these questions.

Please keep us updated OSTS. This is upsetting to me. No one wants to be used.

Does your FIL help out other needy people, or organizations, just out of a good hearted personality, or only those that have a payoff for him?

Just Lois

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Is it possible your soon to be ex FIL has smooth talked his customer, conditioned her with , "Oh, no need to bother your kids, I'll do it for you"?

This is exactly what I am afraid of. I wanted to believe his story that her children were rotten and he was the sole beacon of shining light in her life.....but I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach like this isn't the case at all. Like he has convinced her to come to him with her needs so that he can later show her that her children are distant from her and don't care about her like he does.

Is it possible when her children call her, she tells them don't worry, I'm fine, ex FIL, takes good care of me...so you don't need to worry. Have a great day kids. Kiss the grandchildren for me. (So maybe The Kids don't feel all that welcomed and that mom has more "feelings" for ex FIL than them, so back off.)

Yes....this is another thing that bothers me. I cannot guarantee this is what is happening but it would not surprise me.

My soon to be ex wife is VERY MUCH like her father. Master manipulator. Very few true friends. Try to surround themselves with "yes" men that will agree and will go on the offensive should any of their "friends" ever stop being "yes men".

My wife loved me at one point......but that was when I was a full fledged witness. My FIL is a company man to the bone. He has raised her to disown parents, siblings, spouses and children in a hearbeat should she ever have to decide between them and "Jehovah". I told her of my doubts years ago. She begged, implored me to "investigate". So I went on an almost 3 year research project. She was sure I would come to my senses. When I told her what I had discovered......everything changed overnight. Both my soon to be ex wife and FIL believe whole heartedly in "theocratic warfare". That is why I could easily see him justifying his actions by saying "I'll give a lot of it to the organization, and what I don't give to the organization will help me personally. And as long as I'm around, I can help others".

He is quite the anomoly. He went into debt helping to rebuild a local brother's house when the brother had no $ to pay for it. Yet he also famously borrowed $30k from a friend of mine and signed an agreement that if the friend ever needed it back, he could arrange to have it to him within 10 days. He would do this by keeping his credit line on his credit card open. Well......he spent up his credit line to the max in a hurry. My friend needed his $ back a couple years later and good ol FIL couldn't pay him back. He ended up filing bankruptcy for the second time. And all the while during his bankruptcy he still managed to come up with the $ to go on vacation and have a new concrete driveway poured.....but he couldn't pay back his debt. Finally not long ago.....he did end up paying off the loan (minus interest). This is just one of many questionable financial deals he has been a part of.

• Mum
    Mum

Was this poor old woman "of sound and disposing mind and memory" when she made the decision to leave everything to your FIL? Her kids could contest the will on that basis, I believe.

In some states, there are laws against taking advantage of senior citizens. This situation may not be as straightforward as your FIL believes.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Absolutely contact this poor woman's children. If you don't know who they are, you can give an anonymous tip to her county's Adult Protective Services.

• mP
    mP

I wonder why they show a $50 AUD rather than an American $.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit