MY AMERICAN FRIENDS! What Can You Tell Me About This Company?

by brinjen 24 Replies latest jw friends

• brinjen
    brinjen

They seem to have just offered me a job. Part of me is screaming "Scam!" as I seem to have received an offer all to easily. However... aside from that the usual tell-tale signs of a scam job don't appear to be the case here. It appears they got my resume from a job search website that I'm registered with. They've offered me an Administrative Assistant position which I do have relevant experience for.

They emailed me from their company addy... not a freebie service such as Yahoo

They have a company website and street address...

If the job offer is real, I only gotta work 3 hours a day from home and while it won't wipe out my Austudy benefit from the government, it will give it a serious knock on the head and actually give me some money left over after my bills... I'll be able to keep my fridge/freezer/pantry well stocked and still have plenty of time to study for my Graphic Design Diploma.

Company website...

http://www.lfg-recruit.com/

Cause if it is a scam I obviously don't want any part of it... however if it's not... don't want to miss out either.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Here's how you can tell if it's a scam; If they ask for any personal info, like your Social Security number, don't fall for it. I have heard of these outfits that will want you to fill out a form online. They will ask for your personal info like Social Security number, Date Of Birth, etc...

Don't do it!

• sspo
    sspo

Very simple...if they require any money from you, any deposit, require you too buy any product to sell, then you should run...it is a scam.

Millions get scammed in the US every year.

• brinjen
    brinjen

That's the thing Sam Whiskey... they're not asking for those details... or money... or any of the usual details that scammers do.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It sounds like it might be too good to be true and we all know what happens when something is too good to be true.

Just be careful

• talesin
    talesin

The wages are way too high ... that's $30 / hour (and the AUD is about at par with the USD) ... plus commission on sales? Sounds like a scam to me.

xo

tal

• brinjen
    brinjen

talesin... that's a detail that kinda bothers me. That's why I'm wondering if there is anyone who knows about the company involved. The absolute minimum wage here is around $17 per hour.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

From the website:

Careers Opportunity

Cameron Trade activity is developing at the international level in the atmosphere of unceasing aspiration to perfection and constant interaction with the magic of creativity, unique skills and ingenuity, representing the most diverse professions. Belonging to the universe devoted solely to luxury products facilitates and develops the best qualities of enterprising and creative people who love what they do. Our group is a real mini ecosystem, uniting more than 100 members around the world, offering them a wide choice of possibilities for professional development and opening new horizons for them. Every day Cameron Trade employees in the USA, Australia, Japan, Europe and the Near East work diligently to satisfy the needs of the most demanding clients in different countries of the world.
    Career at Cameron Trade is a fascinating and interesting job, encouraging and enriching people in professional and personal spheres. It means involvement in the world of international group-leader in the market of luxury products, the credo of which is to combine the love to beauty and creativity with aspiration to be the best and to reach perfection in everything. It means a possibility to become a part of dynamically developing and constantly renewing ecosystem. It means experience of work in a team of talented and interesting people. Once linking his life with Cameron Trade company, an employee receives the chance to add his own history to the history of brands, successors and representatives of which we are.

Whoever wrote this, is not American. The correct sentence struture is not present. Just proceed with caution...

• brinjen
    brinjen

Actually... I just looked up the average wage for 'Administrative Assistant' here in Aus is around $25 per hour. I was seriously underpaid at my last job.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I tried dialing the 832-699-0389 number. A recording comes on and says, "We're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed."

It's got SCAM written all over it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit